Is lack of same-sex marriage an issue?

#241AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 11:47:20 AM
You completely missed my point. Your post was offensive to all Christians. "following a false so and so" Your statement showed hate. Im a Christian, yet don't hate gay people. If you stated specifics instead of just what I pointed out, then I wouldn't disagree. Bigotry isn't just a one way street.

So I can't think an awful God is false? Sorry, I have a problem with any God that has a problem with non-traditional relationships. And if there are Christians who do not believe it is a sin, they aren't really following their holy text but good on them.

Nope not even the same thing, Sexuality can't really be compared to other things. See the thing is anyone can be gay and you probably aren't going to bare children if you are which would actually hurt civilization just as much as wars because there'd be less people. There's a reason homosexauality is a bigger issue than most any worlds problems and I don't really think you can compare it to anything.

You're just shoving what took place in Western civilizations (not even all of them, considering the Greeks) onto a fictional world. There are civilizations throughout the world that accepted or even celebrated homosexuals and bisexuals. Anything can happen in this fictional world. And lets not pretend that the bigotry against homosexuality has ANYTHING to do with logic such as population concerns. It was and still is a matter of "ew, that's icky to me so I have to find a way to make it wrong."

Bad by who standards though? The bible/religion basically set the standards for what is right and wrong, in fact someone told me there's no such thing as evil people because the bible isn't real. Look man I'm all for gay marriage, but people like you aren't going to make things better with hate on hate no matter how much you push for it.

By reasonable ethical thinking, not outdated discriminatory junk.
---
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#242MightymegaPosted 2/5/2013 12:10:38 PM
AdeptMage posted...
You're just shoving what took place in Western civilizations (not even all of them, considering the Greeks) onto a fictional world. There are civilizations throughout the world that accepted or even celebrated homosexuals and bisexuals. Anything can happen in this fictional world. And lets not pretend that the bigotry against homosexuality has ANYTHING to do with logic such as population concerns. It was and still is a matter of "ew, that's icky to me so I have to find a way to make it wrong."

Yes they were excepted in some parts but the majority of the world were still against it. I don't care for whatever reason it was it just was.
Anything can happen in this fictional world doesn't mean much of anything and you can't use that for this argument because the series has a set standard already. You may as well say anything can happen in any game because its fiction.

By reasonable ethical thinking, not outdated discriminatory junk.

Uh huh. And who decides whats reasonable and outdated or not, people right? You can say that marriage is outdated, it sure as hell is down over the world gay marriage or not. What's reasonable/ethical changes with time so a lot of times there is no real right or wrong.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#243AceAwesome96Posted 2/5/2013 1:13:33 PM(edited)
I have the same stance on homosexuals that I always have.

The Bible says that God said that homosexuality is a sin. The Bible also says that everyone sins, and will continue to do so until the end. I sin. But, God loves me regardless. So it has been spoken many, many times.

God also has given mankind free will. This is certain. Free will, mind you, whether or not you believe in God or not is your choice.

Is it wrong to commit the act of homosexuality? Yes. God said so. Is it wrong to impose God's will against them at every turn? Of course. Free will, after all.

I have no problem with gays. Just don't expect me to turn that way. I'm a man who's into women. This is me as a Christian.

I do think that bringing this subject up here is pointless. Most of the arguing is based on everyone's point of view. Don't get me wrong, though. I am posting my point of view, but not for argument's sake.

I don't think this is a big deal in terms of this game. It's not like Nintendo is anti-gay after all.

I just wanted to get that out there.

---
#244S1ppy_cupPosted 2/5/2013 1:14:30 PM
Blogfaqs.
#245AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 1:19:14 PM(edited)
Yes they were excepted in some parts but the majority of the world were still against it. I don't care for whatever reason it was it just was.

Ok, so this fictional world can have different views. If FE were taking place in medieval Europe, yeah, it would be pretty silly, but there's no reason a fictional world can't have morals that are different from the majority of historical civilizations.

Anything can happen in this fictional world doesn't mean much of anything and you can't use that for this argument because the series has a set standard already.

No, it doesn't. First of all, not all of the FE games have taken place in this world. Secondly, from my understanding, this game takes place centuries after (AND on a different continent) the other games, plenty of time and space for a different cultural view. And lastly, there has been no standard set either way. The issue has never been touched upon, society-wide homophobia has not been shown in any of the games.

Uh huh. And who decides whats reasonable and outdated or not, people right? You can say that marriage is outdated, it sure as hell is down over the world gay marriage or not. What's reasonable/ethical changes with time so a lot of times there is no real right or wrong.

You're making a relativist argument yet I doubt you are a relativist. Just because we have not found the perfect answer to every moral question does not mean we should give up on using reason to improve our ethical views on life.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#246TalesOfGodPosted 2/5/2013 1:21:48 PM
I can't believe you guys actually started a damn homo-sexual arguement on a FIRE EMBLEM FORUM!?

Those who are argueing are complete idiots. Just because it doesn't include whatever your prefence, you're going to ***** about it?
Very mature, guys. Go get a life.
#247TalesOfGodPosted 2/5/2013 1:23:52 PM
ace_awesome96 posted...
I have the same stance on homosexuals that I always have.

The Bible says that God said that homosexuality is a sin. The Bible also says that everyone sins, and will continue to do so until the end. I sin. But, God loves me regardless. So it has been spoken many, many times.

God also has given mankind free will. This is certain. Free will, mind you, whether or not you believe in God or not is your choice.

Is it wrong to commit the act of homosexuality? Yes. God said so. Is it wrong to impose God's will against them at every turn? Of course. Free will, after all.

I have no problem with gays. Just don't expect me to turn that way. I'm a man who's into women. This is me as a Christian.

I do think that bringing this subject up here is pointless. Most of the arguing is based on everyone's point of view. Don't get me wrong, though. I am posting my point of view, but not for argument's sake.

I don't think this is a big deal in terms of this game. It's not like Nintendo is anti-gay after all.

I just wanted to get that out there.

---
#248AceAwesome96Posted 2/5/2013 1:25:19 PM
Quote:I can't believe you guys actually started a damn homo-sexual arguement on a FIRE EMBLEM FORUM!?

Those who are argueing are complete idiots. Just because it doesn't include whatever your prefence, you're going to ***** about it?

@TalesOfGod

That sounds like what I said, but shorter. And more cursing. But, you do have a point. You should realize, however, that this is GameFAQs. No one gives up. No matter how foolish it is.
---
I am AceAwesome. I am the creator and leader of the Ace Mercenaries clan. But, you can call me "Ace" if you like.
#249AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 1:27:11 PM
I can't believe you guys actually started a damn homo-sexual arguement on a FIRE EMBLEM FORUM!?

damn you're mad

maybe we should have a series of gay fire emblem general topics on this board o:
---
#250AceAwesome96Posted 2/5/2013 1:30:52 PM
Quote:From: TalesOfGod | #246

damn you're mad

maybe we should have a series of gay fire emblem general topics on this board o:

@AdeptMage

I'm sure you're not serious, but I did laugh as I read this.
---
I am AceAwesome. I am the creator and leader of the Ace Mercenaries clan. But, you can call me "Ace" if you like.