Is lack of same-sex marriage an issue?

#261Kageblade23Posted 2/5/2013 5:39:04 PM
king_darks posted...
Zeldias posted...
Bothers me. Same-sex couples could adopt a kid. Only one that needs to be blood-related is Chrom's kid for Royal Weapon (never played an FE, but I presume that's something hereditary. If it just means that you're a royal, then Chrom could just adopt, too).

Just the same old heterosexist stuff.

Why would they adopt a weaklin when their babies will turn into juggernauts?

because in the scenario where they would be adopting it would be in a same-sex marriage hence the reason for adoption....
#262Rideps1Posted 2/5/2013 5:47:52 PM
Never said Jesus wasn't real. Personally, I identify myself as a Christian, but no matter what anyone tells me, the Bible is not law.

Helpful, good guidelines for life maybe. Law? No.

We already pick and choose what we want to listen to about it. There's no reason to think that gay people are any more likely to go to hell than the rest of us.

So how about we all just butt out? It isn't hurting anyone except themselves. Masochism isn't illegal is it? No? There are Christian sects who actively practice it you say? Well then we better stop them! No? Ok, lets just leave everyone alone then.

Worry about your own salvation.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#263AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 5:49:55 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Actually, being Gay is just as Natural as being Straight. Animals proved this where they can naturally be Gay in the wild without human influence and their peers don't judge them or care. You know because they're more concerned about food, water, and shelter more than what their friends are doing in their private time.

That's not a good example and at one point in earths history I'm sure there weren't gay people at all. Tbh I don't know what could really be counted as natural but just because nature does or doesn't do it doesn't mean its natural. Animals also kill each other and judge others as well, So I don't know where that last sentence comes from. Maybe there was a such thing as natural at one point, but overtime things change and only time will tell if what humans do is the right course of action or not.

wow

it's like you're trying to show all the different angles from which the naturalistic fallacy is completely idiotic, in one post! Good job!
---
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#264AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 5:51:03 PM
while also talking about logical fallacies. Just wanna point out, saying someone is the problem with the issue instead of homosexuality (the issue) is completely bollocks.

The point is that homosexuality is not an inherently undesirable or negative thing; it is people like you two who discriminate and make life harder for homosexuals.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#265AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 5:52:19 PM
Evil & petty?

The God who, despite us being a being of murderers, blasphemers, thieves, perverts, and war wagers, came to this earth to reconcile Himself with us?

The God who halts, even now in the midst of this postmodern filth where any and all commit the gravest of evils while deeming it normal, his wrath out of sheer love and compassion that even those most foul might turn from their flesh and come to Him?

I'd say you're more than a little out of touch with our Heavenly Father.

thanks for saving me from your creation and your s***ty self, douche
---
#266Kageblade23Posted 2/5/2013 5:57:04 PM
Rideps1 posted...
God real or not, there is almost no way that the Bible is still accurate to its original version. After all these years, several hundred of which were heavily prosecuted and lacked written copies, and even after they were all written they ended up edited by the Church.

Not to mention that the English versions were translated from the Latin, which was a blasphemy to exist (was originally in GREEK, and it was not supposed to EVER be translated. The Roman Catholic Church decided to bend that rule pretty early on though.), so there are probably errors on top of all of that due to different grammar and lack of words with exact same meanings.

TLDR;

Bible not = word of God.

Edit for good measure: Don't throw me a line about God wanting it changed like this and planting a seed in peoples heads to do this, because if that were the case he would probably just, oh I dunno, make gay people stop being gay. He can do anything, you know. Face it: Either he doesn't care, or he wants people to have free will to do whatever the hell they want, unlike most of you. They get punished later? Oh well, it isn't YOU is it? They know the supposed consequences, since plenty of people try to pound it into their heads.

this...wow this is pretty on point as to the reason why i stopped going to church... you "godly creatures of perfectionism pound it into our heads that what comes naturally to us whether by force of nature or free willed is wrong pure and simple...did the lord appear to you in person during the middle of the day ascending down from the heavens and tell you personally that being gay is wrong keep them out of my church or to go ahead and let them in but keep badgering them with the bible and keep telling them they are not allowed to have free will and must conform to the teachings of the bible which is for certain 100% accurate to my teachings?...i dont think so...you are the same as me... flesh and bone blood and water when we bleed do we not see red? why people use petty excuses to control other people is beyond me and a load of rubbish but i guess thats just the way the world turns nowadays
#267Luce_ImperiusPosted 2/5/2013 5:57:32 PM
AdeptMage posted...
Evil & petty?

The God who, despite us being a being of murderers, blasphemers, thieves, perverts, and war wagers, came to this earth to reconcile Himself with us?

The God who halts, even now in the midst of this postmodern filth where any and all commit the gravest of evils while deeming it normal, his wrath out of sheer love and compassion that even those most foul might turn from their flesh and come to Him?

I'd say you're more than a little out of touch with our Heavenly Father.

thanks for saving me from your creation and your s***ty self, douche

Now now, be nice. He never insulted you so try to be decent. If you want people to "butt out" of homosexuality, then you should oblige him by backing down when you see you disagree and won't change. Insulting him just makes you look foolish.
---
"If you level up a Swellow at night then give it a Dusk Stone [they didn't exist yet] then it will evolve into Ostricho." ~ The Legend of Ostricho
#268dudupupuPosted 2/5/2013 5:58:08 PM
Rideps1 posted...
Never said Jesus wasn't real. Personally, I identify myself as a Christian, but no matter what anyone tells me, the Bible is not law.

Helpful, good guidelines for life maybe. Law? No.

We already pick and choose what we want to listen to about it. There's no reason to think that gay people are any more likely to go to hell than the rest of us.

So how about we all just butt out? It isn't hurting anyone except themselves. Masochism isn't illegal is it? No? There are Christian sects who actively practice it you say? Well then we better stop them! No? Ok, lets just leave everyone alone then.

Worry about your own salvation.

First of all, I'm not attacking anyone. The topic title itself provokes controversy in this regard; moreover, as a Christian - literally meaning a "follower and ambassador of Christ," we are called to use every opportunity to stand up for God's will, despite the consequences.

If you truly identify yourself as a Christian, then you must at the very least take John's words as truth, for he is the most close to Christ and serves as His extension of will. In this understanding, it is impossible to deny the words of Christ as revealed to John in Revelations, chapter 3.

Christ urges against the church - US, in a scattered sense - taking a lukewarm position in times in which the testimony of faith is needed. That's what I am doing; nothing more. Not hate, not discrimination, but offering - where it has been provoked - a defense based in the word of our Christ.

That being said, I agree with you on one thing - that all sin is equal in that it pulls us from God's way. Which is why I am always careful to disclaim these sorts of discussion by offering up that we all carry things which lead us from the narrow path.

If it's against God's will, then I'm against homosexuality, substance abuse, extramarital relationships, violence, mockery, and even these petty arguments.
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#269AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 5:58:09 PM
Now now, be nice. He never insulted you so try to be decent. If you want people to "butt out" of homosexuality, then you should oblige him by backing down when you see you disagree and won't change. Insulting him just makes you look foolish.

I was insulting his idea of a just god
---
#270AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 5:59:32 PM
not discrimination

religion is not a shield you can use to say you're not discriminating against homosexual relationships
---