Is lack of same-sex marriage an issue?

#271dudupupuPosted 2/5/2013 5:02:02 PM
AdeptMage posted...
Now now, be nice. He never insulted you so try to be decent. If you want people to "butt out" of homosexuality, then you should oblige him by backing down when you see you disagree and won't change. Insulting him just makes you look foolish.

I was insulting his idea of a just god

Again, I ask what it is you have against our God?

There's no way you could possibly justify your stance of a "petty and evil" God if you'd taken the time to get to know Him either through His word of by invoking a personal relationship.

I think I may be the one who butts out, because I don't want this to devolve into something incompatible with the love of our Christ. However, know that you have a brother in me and that these doubts of yours can be easily dispelled with a bit of understanding/research/fellowship.
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#272Rideps1Posted 2/5/2013 5:02:30 PM
Anyway, this conversation has just been a bomb waiting to go off since God was brought up, I'm getting while the gettin's good, since I've got my copy of the game to play now.

No hard feelings on anyone, enjoy your lives.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#273dudupupuPosted 2/5/2013 5:05:18 PM
Final word. It's not discrimination, because I didn't openly attack someone without justification.

I offered a reason for my position on a question that was asked by the creator of this topic. Unless we are able to discuss these sorts of things peaceably when a forum for discussion is provided, we will never attain truth in any regard.

Even outside the scope of an understanding/relationship of/with God, my right to voice a stance on this issue is just as valid as anyone else's, no?
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#274MightymegaPosted 2/5/2013 5:21:52 PM
AdeptMage posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Actually, being Gay is just as Natural as being Straight. Animals proved this where they can naturally be Gay in the wild without human influence and their peers don't judge them or care. You know because they're more concerned about food, water, and shelter more than what their friends are doing in their private time.

That's not a good example and at one point in earths history I'm sure there weren't gay people at all. Tbh I don't know what could really be counted as natural but just because nature does or doesn't do it doesn't mean its natural. Animals also kill each other and judge others as well, So I don't know where that last sentence comes from. Maybe there was a such thing as natural at one point, but overtime things change and only time will tell if what humans do is the right course of action or not.

wow

it's like you're trying to show all the different angles from which the naturalistic fallacy is completely idiotic, in one post! Good job!

WoW its like the word fallacy was made for people like you when you can't make an argument about whats being said when its true.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#275CloudfatePosted 2/5/2013 7:39:09 PM
AdeptMage posted...
You completely missed my point. Your post was offensive to all Christians. "following a false so and so" Your statement showed hate. Im a Christian, yet don't hate gay people. If you stated specifics instead of just what I pointed out, then I wouldn't disagree. Bigotry isn't just a one way street.

So I can't think an awful God is false? Sorry, I have a problem with any God that has a problem with non-traditional relationships. And if there are Christians who do not believe it is a sin, they aren't really following their holy text but good on them.

Nope not even the same thing, Sexuality can't really be compared to other things. See the thing is anyone can be gay and you probably aren't going to bare children if you are which would actually hurt civilization just as much as wars because there'd be less people. There's a reason homosexauality is a bigger issue than most any worlds problems and I don't really think you can compare it to anything.

You're just shoving what took place in Western civilizations (not even all of them, considering the Greeks) onto a fictional world. There are civilizations throughout the world that accepted or even celebrated homosexuals and bisexuals. Anything can happen in this fictional world. And lets not pretend that the bigotry against homosexuality has ANYTHING to do with logic such as population concerns. It was and still is a matter of "ew, that's icky to me so I have to find a way to make it wrong."

Bad by who standards though? The bible/religion basically set the standards for what is right and wrong, in fact someone told me there's no such thing as evil people because the bible isn't real. Look man I'm all for gay marriage, but people like you aren't going to make things better with hate on hate no matter how much you push for it.

By reasonable ethical thinking, not outdated discriminatory junk.

So, is it okay for people to hate gay people because they find it awful?
---
XboxGT:ArcSilverX
SSF4ae mains Bison/Guy
#276Arcangel22Posted 2/5/2013 8:08:39 PM(edited)
Three things from me really.

One is that an adopted child does not inherit anything from the parents, which is what the mechanic is entirely based around. So it wouldn't make sense to allow same-sex marriage.

Two, I really don't think this should happen in games. Ever. It goes along with my view of swearing, sexual content, etc. etc. It's a video game, why do I need my games to be realistic or include "real world stuff?"

As much as I do like some of the games that have a realistic feel to it, I liked it back in the old days when games didn't look a lick like reality, or they had a unique art design, or something. It made me feel like I was reading a story, or immersing myself in a different universe. Why the hell would I play a game to feel like I'm in reality? I will say some games do look better with realism vs. unique art direction. But still, putting real world "issues" into a game is just dumb. I play games to have fun, not to ponder over why they choose to swear like a sailor every five minutes. Just take it out, it raises more unnecessary concerns than if they just decided to keep it out to begin with.

EDIT: I find characters that don't swear or sex it up at the drop of a hat far more appealing and "badass" than characters that do. For those that know, DMC Dante and DmC Dante is a perfect example.

Three, there'd be so much femaleXfemale stuff going down it'd just be a matter of sighing and never visiting yet another FE board for me. Don't need horny teenagers getting their kick out of something like that.
---
"We're not gang members. We're not criminals. We're just dudes playing video games." ~ Maximilian
#277AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 8:25:16 PM
It's not discrimination, because I didn't openly attack someone without justification.

Discrimination can be justified and it does not have to be attacking the person. The problem here is that you're discriminating against homosexual relationships as opposed to heterosexual ones, and it is not at all justified.

my right to voice a stance on this issue is just as valid as anyone else's, no?

sure, but stances can be attacked too
---
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#278AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 8:30:03 PM
WoW its like the word fallacy was made for people like you when you can't make an argument about whats being said when its true.

The word fallacy was made for lines of thinking which are completely illogical. Let's look at the problems with your crappy post:

1. Homosexuality has been documented throughout human history
2. You are completely confused and cannot even come up with a serious definition of the word "natural."
"I don't know what could really be counted as natural but just because nature does or doesn't do it doesn't mean its natural" Honestly what was going through your head when you typed this garbage? Don't worry though, it is well known that the distinction between "natural" and "unnatural" is often completely subjective and arbitrary, and therefore pointless to ethical discussions.
3. You say animals also kill each other. What you are doing here is making my argument for me! You are right, just because something occurs in nature, like killing or rape, does not mean it is moral. And just because something is not done by animals, such as modern medicine, does not mean it is immoral! This is why it is COMPLETELY illogical to throw out the word "natural" when in an ethical debate.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#279AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 8:31:47 PM
So, is it okay for people to hate gay people because they find it awful?

Nope, because reason tells us that they are wrong and I am right. Stop pretending you're a relativist, because I doubt you are. There is right and wrong and we have to try to figure out what they are as best we can using reason, and along the way garbage viewpoints have to be thrown out.
---
#280AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 8:35:13 PM
One is that an adopted child does not inherit anything from the parents, which is what the mechanic is entirely based around. So it wouldn't make sense to allow same-sex marriage.

This is true and actually, I don't even care that it's not in the game lmao. I just love how this topic draws out all the bigots.

Two, I really don't think this should happen in games. Ever. It goes along with my view of swearing, sexual content, etc. etc. It's a video game, why do I need my games to be realistic or include "real world stuff?"

Yeah, because violence and killing isn't real world stuff. Because human beings aren't real world stuff. Lets only play video games where we float around as abstract blobs, because arcangel doesn't want anything from reality in his video games (the reality is he does, but he's just being arbitrary about select things such as sexuality and SWEARING, of all things.)

But still, putting real world "issues" into a game is just dumb.

It's not an issue, homosexual people fall in love and have relationships, which can be part of the plot and/or gameplay. Big deal.
---