Is lack of same-sex marriage an issue?

#281katellaPosted 2/5/2013 9:38:12 PM
God, this topic is offensive. The TC is fine, the responses are 40% garbage. Such a topic needs to be locked, destroyed and bannable. C:
---
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic~
PSN: ScarletDevilI( L [undercase] + i [uppercase] )
#282CloudfatePosted 2/5/2013 9:38:37 PM
AdeptMage posted...
So, is it okay for people to hate gay people because they find it awful?

Nope, because reason tells us that they are wrong and I am right. Stop pretending you're a relativist, because I doubt you are. There is right and wrong and we have to try to figure out what they are as best we can using reason, and along the way garbage viewpoints have to be thrown out.

I hope you see the irony in this. Seriously.
---
XboxGT:ArcSilverX
SSF4ae mains Bison/Guy
#283Arcangel22Posted 2/5/2013 9:54:57 PM
AdeptMage posted...
Yeah, because violence and killing isn't real world stuff. Because human beings aren't real world stuff. Lets only play video games where we float around as abstract blobs, because arcangel doesn't want anything from reality in his video games (the reality is he does, but he's just being arbitrary about select things such as sexuality and SWEARING, of all things.)

My point wasn't very drawn out, and I will say sorry for that. But here's what I'm trying to convey here...what does including those things do for us in game design? Does the fact a character throws in a swear word every five seconds do something useful for the player? Why do they NEED swearing? Would it not just be easier to not put up with all the BS from parents and other obnoxious individuals?

Violence is something that is often used as a gameplay mechanic and far more difficult to avoid than swearing. And I'm only using swearing as an example. Even sexuality isn't a huge thing, but my point is still there as to "why?" Experiencing these things in life is inevitable, experiencing them in a game doesn't really matter. It's like putting it in there for the sake of putting it in there.

Humans is not part of the argument because my whole "real world stuff" comment was a very vague and misleading usage. Humans aren't complained about in games. Portraying exactly what I'm trying to get across is strange. I can't really say whether or not you're trying to bash me, so I'm going to treat this as a pleasant discussion until proven otherwise.

It's not an issue, homosexual people fall in love and have relationships, which can be part of the plot and/or gameplay. Big deal.

It's an issue for the bigots and whiners obviously enough. I'd be rather meh about it, but to some people it'd ruin the game for them for such a poor reason I'd just say don't include it.
---
"We're not gang members. We're not criminals. We're just dudes playing video games." ~ Maximilian
#284AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 10:04:18 PM
AdeptMage posted...

Nope, because reason tells us that they are wrong and I am right. Stop pretending you're a relativist, because I doubt you are. There is right and wrong and we have to try to figure out what they are as best we can using reason, and along the way garbage viewpoints have to be thrown out.

I hope you stop pretending you're a relativist and that all opinions are equal
---
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#285CloudfatePosted 2/5/2013 10:59:50 PM(edited)
AdeptMage posted...
AdeptMage posted...

I hope you stop pretending you're a relativist and that all opinions are equal

You don't need to be a relativist to believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Is everyone who doesn't agree with you a "relativist" when they believe everyone can freely choose what they want to believe? Shoving your opinion down people's throats who don't agree, so sure your own path is right and so sure everyone else is wrong. Sounds a lot like a certain group you seem to despise. Right and wrong is for each person to decide.

Anywho, I'm done with even replying anymore. I'm not even sure if you are really serious about this or trolling. Back to waiting til my fire emblem arrives.
---
XboxGT:ArcSilverX
SSF4ae mains Bison/Guy
#286AdeptMagePosted 2/5/2013 11:02:40 PM
everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

This is true. I'm also entitled to my opinion that their opinion is harmful garbage.

so sure your own path is right and so sure everyone else is wrong

boohoo, you know before this political correctness tolerance nonsense, it was ok to have conviction in your beliefs and to judge the beliefs of others

Right and wrong is for each person to decide.

Any they may decide on something really harmful and stupid. And I'm going to judge it as such. Keep crying about it, pretend-relativists.
---
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#287Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/8/2013 3:33:33 PM
AdeptMage posted...
while also talking about logical fallacies. Just wanna point out, saying someone is the problem with the issue instead of homosexuality (the issue) is completely bollocks.

The point is that homosexuality is not an inherently undesirable or negative thing; it is people like you two who discriminate and make life harder for homosexuals.

Indeed, it is probably better than heterosexuality.