Is lack of same-sex marriage an issue?

#41Rishah0078Posted 1/31/2013 4:16:07 PM
Zeldias posted...
Bothers me. Same-sex couples could adopt a kid. Only one that needs to be blood-related is Chrom's kid for Royal Weapon (never played an FE, but I presume that's something hereditary. If it just means that you're a royal, then Chrom could just adopt, too).

Just the same old heterosexist stuff.

I think they're using the KISS principle, not deliberately keeping out anyone who isn't white and straight.

The problem is that adoption would not explain how the child takes on the physical characteristics of the parents. Because the pairings impact the child's physical abilities, genetics are the simplest explanation. I don't know if they would have to change any dialogue (since I clearly haven't played through and read every line of script in the game,) but they would probably have to add a bunch of avatars so the adopted children don't look like their mothers. It would only make sense that they would have to add new base stats and growths for the adopted children. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but It's not heterosexist to try to keep a game mechanic straight forward and simple. Keep it simple, stupid.
#42Rideps1Posted 1/31/2013 4:16:51 PM
spyke252 posted...
Lexmark1989 posted...
spyke252 posted...
Lexmark1989 posted...
spyke252 posted...
Honestly, even the gender-defined classes is more of an issue than same sex marriage.

If the developers made another Ike/Soren, I'd be fine with it. I'm not fine with requiring them to.

Aren't there only 2 of those and aren't they explained already?

I'm not saying it IS an issue, merely more an issue than same sex marriage.
PS: where do they explain it again? I kind of want to know why my MU can't get all skills...

Oh ok! And well the pegasus riders story has always been the same since the first game in that they only allow females to ride them. The bride class is well you already know the answer to that one and the class itself doesn't make sense anyway.. I'm sure there is one for the males but I can't recall what it is.

There's still fighter, barbarian, and Troubadour to worry about. But again, this is unimportant. :P

I totally want a male cleric and female priest!

Wait.....

And I feel like we are missing something else...
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#43Huff n puff 20Posted 1/31/2013 4:17:54 PM
SPG080890 posted...
Because the used magic to create a kid!

Once again ignoring the fact that there's a series of supports that exist merely to say that that is impossible.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#44NanashiRyuuPosted 1/31/2013 4:18:46 PM
Nah.

Get it? Nah? hahaha.
---
Currently Anticipating: Fire Emblem: Kakusei
PSN: JoushouTai --- If you add me, please include GameFaqs in the title line and say why.
#45SPG080890Posted 1/31/2013 4:21:21 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
SPG080890 posted...
Because the used magic to create a kid!

Once again ignoring the fact that there's a series of supports that exist merely to say that that is impossible.

Indeed...
---
PSN- PGS0890 Pawn- Fighter (Lucina)
-Canon FE7 Lovers- Eliwood/Serra, Hector/Limstella, Lyn/Wallace, Nino/Marcus, Priscilla/Jaffar, Dart/Louise
#46NightsOwlPosted 1/31/2013 4:38:58 PM
Yes. I need to marry my Marthy Marth.

/derp

In all honesty, it'd be nice.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#47CyhortI82Posted 1/31/2013 4:47:24 PM
For me, yeah. I don't think any game with a romance/marriage system should leave it out. There's no reason and all it does is limit options pointlessly, which should be the exact opposite of what RPG's do. But, this game doesn't force me into a romance that I don't want, so it's less of an issue than in other games.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#48Scout_TaronPosted 1/31/2013 4:53:19 PM
Nintendo isn't going to add it because they don't gain anything from it...Adding actual gay relationships has a chance to anger some people and possibly effect sales. Or they could just ignore and it keep it status quo.

No incentive.
#49AnderjakPosted 1/31/2013 4:53:31 PM
From a mechanical standpoint, there is a biological issue.

Yet, representation is still, I think, necessary. I think there's a good amount of gamers who'd at least like the option, even if it doesn't result in another generation. Having it is at least enough as a start.

Besides, we can talk about biological issues, but the child would ultimately be raised according to the abilities of the parents -- so while there is a certain nature element, there's also a nurture element. Random factors, preset designs for kids that happen to not match the parent, but still raised to train under them and grow up with similar skills and such.

Also, I don't know why we can have magic and time travel and all of this, but for some people gay marriage is just a little too unrealistic. Just have the option for those who want it, and make it available to leave out for those who don't. Everyone wins.
---
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.
#50spyke252Posted 1/31/2013 4:54:53 PM
Scout_Taron posted...
Nintendo isn't going to add it because they don't gain anything from it...Adding actual gay relationships has a chance to anger some people and possibly effect sales. Or they could just ignore and it keep it status quo.

No incentive.

If it effected sales, then they would do it in a heartbeat. But it will probably affect them negatively.

I understand that this is what you meant though :P