Regarding the Feb 8th release date...

#11Sasuke_Uchiha85Posted 1/31/2013 5:23:40 PM
If Gamestop doesn't keep my copy for me (or y'know, sell it to me tomorrow) then I'll buy it on the eShop monday, because I refuse to wait for Gamestop to get it together.

Even though I -really- want the box.
---
We gotta get out, go far away
#12NewbieN00bPosted 1/31/2013 5:29:45 PM
Question: Since I have it on preorder, and I know they call for preorders, will they call me if they get the game in early, or do I need to take the initiative here and call them?

(On the off chance they get it early, anyway.)
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#13fireblazerx17Posted 1/31/2013 5:36:19 PM
They should call you, but it might be a few hours late, and there's no guarantee as it prob depends a bit on the individual location. I'm calling mine just to be safe because I can't even wait an extra minute knowing the game is out lol
#14NanashiRyuu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:36:43 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
Question: Since I have it on preorder, and I know they call for preorders, will they call me if they get the game in early, or do I need to take the initiative here and call them?

(On the off chance they get it early, anyway.)

Call them. I've never actually had them call me when my pre-order comes in.
---
Currently Anticipating: Fire Emblem: Kakusei
PSN: JoushouTai --- If you add me, please include GameFaqs in the title line and say why.
#15papermarkisPosted 1/31/2013 5:37:13 PM
My Gamestop told me shipments would likely arrive the 5th or 6th, but if it somehow came in early they could sell it because the game doesn't have a street date.
#16NewbieN00bPosted 1/31/2013 5:41:37 PM
About what time do they get shipments?

And yeah, I'll call them tomorrow. This is aggravating... Hopefully it's the 5th or earlier. That's what they said when I happened to stop by the store last sunday.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#17MrHobagsPosted 1/31/2013 5:42:45 PM
I live in Southern California, called every GS within 10 miles of me (~15 stores) and they've all told me that the street date's been lifted and they'll be able to sell once their shipment arrives anywhere from now to the 5th at the latest. They haven't heard anything about this 8th nonsense and assured me that it's unlikely those who pre-ordered will have to wait any longer than the 5th. I felt like an idiot asking this at 15 stores and getting the same answer every time.
#18rision82Posted 1/31/2013 5:45:30 PM
I'm just gonna assume its still the 4th. Nintendo has a habit of releasing things on a Sunday, the 4th, being a monday, means that they probably geting the shipment in before the end of this week and holding it until the 4th (which is way some stores are just sayin "whenever it comes in")
#19PrinceMedionPosted 1/31/2013 5:47:28 PM
NanashiRyuu posted...
I'm pretty sure that what people have been saying about the release being pushed back until the 8th only applies for people who haven't pre-ordered their game/bundle.

Some posters have been saying that their GS says the 4th, 5th, 6th, or 8th but here's why I say what I do.

We all know that GS stopped taking pre-orders on the physical game due to running out of stock. GS will be filling the need for pre-orders before stocking the game on the shelves. When the staff at GS say that the game will probably be available on the 8th, they probably mean to say that they will have received their next shipment and have the game on the shelves by the 8th.

I work at Gamestop.
No I inquired about that, not even preorders are suppose to arrive until the 8th, heres hoping that's wrong but that's what I got from
#20Sasuke_Uchiha85Posted 1/31/2013 6:34:26 PM
PrinceMedion posted...
NanashiRyuu posted...
I'm pretty sure that what people have been saying about the release being pushed back until the 8th only applies for people who haven't pre-ordered their game/bundle.

Some posters have been saying that their GS says the 4th, 5th, 6th, or 8th but here's why I say what I do.

We all know that GS stopped taking pre-orders on the physical game due to running out of stock. GS will be filling the need for pre-orders before stocking the game on the shelves. When the staff at GS say that the game will probably be available on the 8th, they probably mean to say that they will have received their next shipment and have the game on the shelves by the 8th.

I work at Gamestop.
No I inquired about that, not even preorders are suppose to arrive until the 8th, heres hoping that's wrong but that's what I got from

Got my pitchforks held high. Someone needs to carry the torches, I'm dual wielding.
---
We gotta get out, go far away