Archers are really hated, I don't get it?

#11DoctorPiranha3Posted 1/31/2013 7:48:24 PM
I love archers. I think they're great utility units. Like others have said, they're not going to dominate the battlefield for you unless you send them into a nest of other archers, but they're usually great at dodging, have decent attack, great speed, and acceptable defenses. It's not my favorite, but I've always been a fan of the class.
---
It's like every topic you post in becomes filled with either sensual energy or "pent up sexual frustration". ~ SurfingVaporeon, on DoctorPiranha3
#12TexasKyouPosted 1/31/2013 7:49:42 PM
With the dual system I kinda got the feeling that archers became more useful during enemy phase(than in previous versions) since now you have a way to increase the amount of attack they'll get. I'm not particularly a big fan of pair up and use it only as needed so it may just be me.
#13McFastlyPosted 1/31/2013 7:50:03 PM
DemiseEnd posted...
Reason 1: Theres only a few character in Archer class that is actually good

From top of my mind, i get Louise(who is still mediocre other than S for GODDAMN PENT), maybe Shin, maybe Klein, Draug(Hunter - Horseman)

Reason 2: Near zero enemy phase

Only that i think.....

RD Shinon is great, even better if you get the Bowgun in 3-P
---
"I, as it happens, am an archer! ....The archest of archers in fact."
#14TorajimaPosted 1/31/2013 7:51:33 PM
Why not promote them to Bow Knight and have the best of both worlds?
#15xGreekAcex714Posted 1/31/2013 8:11:51 PM
I love Archers/Snipers! They're totally awesome! I like them better than Bow Knights(I know Bow Knights get swords and a horse, but eh). I'm making an MU based off of the 3-13 Sniper, and naming him after a variation of my name.
---
---
Its all Greek to me dude. Yiassou
#16marthsheretooPosted 1/31/2013 8:13:57 PM
DemiseEnd posted...
Reason 1: Theres only a few character in Archer class that is actually good

From top of my mind, i get Louise(who is still mediocre other than S for GODDAMN PENT), maybe Shin, maybe Klein, Draug(Hunter - Horseman)

Reason 2: Near zero enemy phase

Only that i think.....

You're forgetting the best sniper in any FE game ever, which is Shinon. 2-3 range+Double Bow (for 1-3 range)+access to crossbows for melee=a unit who's actually useful.
---
Yes, racism is justified. -The_Kid3000
#17EnulfPosted 1/31/2013 10:18:01 PM
I like them for a more reliable way of finishing off an enemy unit upon whose demise your strategy rests. This also happens to be the best way to level them up. They tend to be especially useful in the early chapters when your army is small (eg. Leonardo in RD, Shinon in PoR, Will/Rebeca in Blazing Sword). After the first few chapters I generally stop using them.

Of course, with reclassing, you can continue using the character without using the archer/sniper class, but that's kind of irrelevant I guess to whether or not archers are hated and why.

Or, you could always pair up your archers and only switch them to active positions when in a position to counterattack enemy archers, or mages that are only just in range.

I guess the main point in favour of having at least one archer->sniper was to equip the inevitably OP legendary bow.
---
What time is it?
#18MisterTelliusPosted 1/31/2013 10:20:18 PM
Archers deserve constant 2-3 range (for ranged weapons and magic). Longbows should lock them into 4 range (for other archers).
---
Nihilism was never my cup of tea.