Imagine how Nintendo must feel about Fire Emblem...

#1Pitbuller_26Posted 2/1/2013 2:33:25 AM
It went from an obscure series with limited copies. I'm looking at you Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, to a sold out pre-orders with people stumbling and bumbling to get a copy of Awakening.

Has Fire Emblem officially reached "It prints money" status!?
---
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1749.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png
#2xGreekAcex714Posted 2/1/2013 2:34:35 AM
One can only hope! :D- I have high hopes for this game! I certainly hope the only place they can go from here is up!
---
---
Its all Greek to me dude. Yiassou
#3cowmilk99Posted 2/1/2013 2:54:02 AM
I probably wouldn't go as far as "it prints money", but I'm sure this game has garnered a much bigger audience for the series (including me!) so as long as Nintendo keeps marketing the games like they did with this one, then it can only get better :D
---
"It's Reyn time!!!"
#4Nophie666Posted 2/1/2013 2:55:26 AM
It'll only appeal in japan they said, if it's released in America it will tank they said, this could never be a successful franchise they said.

Silly mid-90s nintendo marketing team you should stop underestimating your fanbases. This is why people still badger you for mother 3, a game on a handheld console that is now two generations behind.
#5BTzzPosted 2/1/2013 3:35:09 AM
I think it's timing more than anything, although that may be an unpopular opinion.

The 3DS is starved for both RPGs and good games in general, which wasn't true of the previous handheld titles. Put that together with generally higher quality (according to reviews) and I'd guess this will blow away anything the series has done before. But comes out in say, a year from now, after Pokemon comes out, the story might be a bit different. I actually only own 2 games for 3DS despite owning it for about 7 months: Tales of the Abyss and Star Fox 64.

Hopefully this will put to rest any future rumblings of the series staying overseas though.
#6kukingina2Posted 2/1/2013 4:07:12 AM
yea I had a feeling this game would break the series from its niche mold

Fire emblem became something from "what is this some random jrpg? perma death? nah.... to OMGOMGOMGOMG MUST HAVE !!!!"

Nintendo really tried to appeal to everyone this time with its optional difficulties (from casually easy to rage inducing), not to mention the art has changed to appeal to a much broader audience, even going so far as to have guests from all the past games

I think good marketing also did the job with the hype and commercials...
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#7TorajimaPosted 2/1/2013 4:48:24 AM
BTzz posted...
I think it's timing more than anything, although that may be an unpopular opinion.

The 3DS is starved for both RPGs and good games in general, which wasn't true of the previous handheld titles..

You have strange tastes indeed if you think the 3DS is "starved" for RPGs and good games in general, or do you simply refuse to use the eshop?
#8klecserPosted 2/1/2013 5:27:00 AM
When Sony Fanboys are publically stating that "they wish the game was on Vita" (N4G comments), you know that Nintendo has hit a home run.
#9OrangeCrush980Posted 2/1/2013 7:12:56 AM
BTzz posted...

The 3DS is starved for both RPGs and good games in general, which wasn't true of the previous handheld titles. Put that together with generally higher quality (according to reviews) and I'd guess this will blow away anything the series has done before. But comes out in say, a year from now, after Pokemon comes out, the story might be a bit different. I actually only own 2 games for 3DS despite owning it for about 7 months: Tales of the Abyss and Star Fox 64.

Hopefully this will put to rest any future rumblings of the series staying overseas though.

Good point. The 3DS still has a pretty barren library, and this is actually the first 3DS game I'm getting that's not a port or remake.
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#10EndgamePosted 2/1/2013 9:10:34 AM
You have strange tastes indeed if you think the 3DS is "starved" for RPGs and good games in general

or, you know, have taste, since all 3DS has to offer are remakes of N64 games with only texture revamps

Nintendo is a hollow shell of its former self, and Awakening is a prime example of how far they have fallen
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert