The maturity level of this board has gone downhill...

#11DahlVaughnniPosted 2/1/2013 6:18:52 AM
USMCinfinity posted...
Torajima posted...
USMCinfinity posted...
Hopefully next time you go GameStop the employee will offer you a bag of s***.

That's pretty much what you give every customer, is it not?

I don't need to be badgered into buying a card I don't want, or given a hard time because I didn't pre-order a game 6 months in advance, and I certainly don't want to hear your opinions on which console is best, or why my particular gaming decisions suck.

Then buy off amazon smart ass. I don't care what YOU think I follow what my job description says.

You sound pretty much the same as every gamestop employee I've encountered. Which is why I don't shop there. You're a pox on retail. Your attitude is why no one likes Gamestop. You think you know it all but you're just a neckbeard living at your mom's house.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#12klecserPosted 2/1/2013 6:19:20 AM
USMCinfinity posted...

Then buy off amazon smart ass. I don't care what YOU think I follow what my job description says.

Clearly this is behavior befitting of a US Marine...
#13Wandering__HeroPosted 2/1/2013 6:22:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14USMCinfinity(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:22:26 AM
DahlVaughnni posted...
USMCinfinity posted...
Torajima posted...
USMCinfinity posted...
Hopefully next time you go GameStop the employee will offer you a bag of s***.

That's pretty much what you give every customer, is it not?

I don't need to be badgered into buying a card I don't want, or given a hard time because I didn't pre-order a game 6 months in advance, and I certainly don't want to hear your opinions on which console is best, or why my particular gaming decisions suck.

You sound pretty much the same as every gamestop employee I've encountered. Which is why I don't shop there. You're a pox on retail. Your attitude is why no one likes Gamestop. You think you know it all but you're just a neckbeard living at your mom's house.

Yeah I err actually SUPPORT my house, I just graduated from Computer Engineering, hold two jobs right now, work out daily and will become either an Officer in the AF or Army, don't you worry about me kiddo.
---
Also USMC you are nothing but Mr. Negative. Quit being mean to everyone!
- GroundCraze
#15DBogatzPosted 2/1/2013 6:24:11 AM
I don't get why people are mad about the card thing when that's like every retail store ever trying to pull that s***. BestBuy is twice as bad.

The preorder/date thing I get. If I preorder something I expect it to be there on the date promised, "subject to change" or not. If you're going to take a non-refundable deposit from me, that obligates you to perform in a reasonable manner as well. But that's a corporate Gstop issue, not an individual one. You claim its Nintendo's fault the shipping may or may not be screwed up, but we have no way of knowing, and Gamestop's hitherto released information hasn't exactly been a model of clarity and consistency.
#16USMCinfinity(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:28:47 AM(edited)
DBogatz posted...
I don't get why people are mad about the card thing when that's like every retail store ever trying to pull that s***. BestBuy is twice as bad.

The preorder/date thing I get. If I preorder something I expect it to be there on the date promised, "subject to change" or not. If you're going to take a non-refundable deposit from me, that obligates you to perform in a reasonable manner as well. But that's a corporate Gstop issue, not an individual one. You claim its Nintendo's fault the shipping may or may not be screwed up, but we have no way of knowing, and Gamestop's hitherto released information hasn't exactly been a model of clarity and consistency.

I understand this because I want this game so damn bad, but this is when we should say "first world problems". We honestly have no control, for example RockStar told us spring for GTA now its Sept, GS shares lowered because of that thanks to people always blaming GS for the developer's f**** up.

And the card thing yeah, it doesnt give me any kind of sexual plessure, just say no thanks like you would at any other store.
---
- GroundCraze
#17fireblazerx17Posted 2/1/2013 6:29:10 AM
gotta agree with the above

they could definitely do better, maybe not the lower-rank employees but Nintendo, people at the distribution center, etc... ultimately, someone HAS to be in the know or else the game won't ever ship, and in the mean time people are left confused and, thanks to the drama in Canada, upset

as for individual employee issues that happens everywhere I don't think it's really a problem unless they're terribly rude in which case find another GS, most places are bearable and if you just know what you want they usually don't care enough to bother you about it

or else I'm just lucky and don't have too many bad experiences (anyone else hear of the "get in, buy, "no thank you", get out" deal?)
#18KrentarisPosted 2/1/2013 6:30:42 AM
Again, more hypocrisy as you're posting complaints about maturity levels in the same breath as telling people you hope they get given bags of ****. If this unique brand of sterling customer service is what one can expect from GameStop employees, then to be honest I'm not surprised many people hold them in ill regard. Quoting your job description is not an excuse to absolve oneself from personal accountability. Company policy may necessitate you take certain steps during a sales transaction but if you have to hide behind your job transaction to prevent your vitriolic dislike for your customers from spilling out then perhaps consider you're in the wrong line of employment.
---
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
#19USMCinfinity(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:33:00 AM
Krentaris posted...
Again, more hypocrisy as you're posting complaints about maturity levels in the same breath as telling people you hope they get given bags of ****. If this unique brand of sterling customer service is what one can expect from GameStop employees, then to be honest I'm not surprised many people hold them in ill regard. Quoting your job description is not an excuse to absolve oneself from personal accountability. Company policy may necessitate you take certain steps during a sales transaction but if you have to hide behind your job transaction to prevent your vitriolic dislike for your customers from spilling out then perhaps consider you're in the wrong line of employment.

Somewhere some English teacher just killed himself.
---
- GroundCraze
#20saturn_frogurtPosted 2/1/2013 6:33:32 AM
You're implying that this board had maturity to begin with.
---
- Swap God for a janitor, rot in a jar of dog paws -
Put a pinch of sage in your boots, and all day long a spicy scent is your reward.