The maturity level of this board has gone downhill...

#31OCShoesPosted 2/1/2013 7:58:06 AM
USMCinfinity posted...

Yeah I understand this as I'm a customer as well, its the " GS is the devil" attitude that gets to me.

Hopefully next time you go GameStop the employee will offer you a bag of s***.

Somewhere some English teacher just killed himself.

Well. That's certainly helping, keep up the good work.

Either way, the reason I'm upset with GameStop is there's no reliable information on what's going on. Even if the only reliable information is that there is no reliable information, I'd still like them to make some sort of company announcement, but it's this keeping us in the dark that irritates me so much. Especially since Canada got it way early. I'm really upset about that too.
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#32wizaerdPosted 2/1/2013 7:59:48 AM
I used to shop at GameStop all the time. But eventually got tired of the clerks, who deem themselves game experts but were in reality morons. I got tired of getting broken cases, or even just plain empty cases. Or cases with the wrong dics, and when you take it back, the clerks would be all indignant and dickish. Eventually it got to a point where going to a GameStop was just a huge hassle, and I moved all my game buying to either digital or online. Haven't regretted that decision at all.
---
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
#33violentvitoPosted 2/1/2013 8:00:51 AM
SW_FFXIfan posted...
Torajima posted...
USMCinfinity posted...
Waaaa I wont shop at gamestop if they screw up my order waaa.

WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHEN WE GET MERCHANDISE.

No, I'm going to stop shopping at Gamestop because most of the employees are pompous know-it-all jerks, and I'm tired of them trying to force me to buy their Rewards Pro card every darn time I set foot in the shop.

I think I'm going to go digital, I'd rather Nintendo get rewarded for good games than Gamestop get rewarded for being a bad retailer.

You get mad because they push forth their stuff like every other store that ever existed?

Do you get mad when the person at Shoppers asks if you have an Optimum card? (if you're in Canada)

Do you get mad when your waitress asks if you would like to order desert before the bill?

The general stupidity and lack of gaming knowledge of the employees is correct, but people who get mad over them asking the basic questions they were trained and told to ask every time someone makes a purchase in the store are dumb.

I don't get bad, but when I say no thanks don't day are you sure you saved such and such last year. I SAID NO THANKS!!!! That is all gamestops if they just said ok and finished the transaction it would be fine but they don't and they take plus selling to extremes. Do you want the card, to preorder any games this, this, and this are coming out, we have this, this, and this on sale. Breath. and some more. Its bad at Gamestop, I preordered there because I had a gift card. Wish it was to bestbuy :( I like gamestop for used games, but never again for me for preorders.
#34Deathsword00Posted 2/1/2013 8:03:26 AM(edited)
saturn_frogurt posted...
You're implying that this board had maturity to begin with.

The guy's also implying that he is some golden god of maturity. Pretty hilarious given his childish posts.

Gamestop is an objectively terrible business. Its got some real gross business practices and encourages its employees to treat their customers like brainless cattle. That's not to say they have great employees or anything, I have encountered very few personable and intelligent Gamestop employees over the years. Most of them have no idea what they are talking about, but since they are employed by the store seem to think that their word is something really special, much like our good TC here.

Anyways I can't wait for the chain to be run out of business by online retailers and the inevitable death of used games!
---
wut
#35TorajimaPosted 2/1/2013 8:04:40 AM
SW_FFXIfan posted...
Well then I'm sorry to hear the GS near you is so bad because I do not experience those problems. If they do that at your store then you're correct, it's bad business and dumb.

There are multiple Gamestops near me, and most of them are pretty bad. One of them has female employees though, and that is a more pleasant experience. They don't act like jerks, nor do they belittle you if you don't like the same games/hardware as they do.
#36KysafenPosted 2/1/2013 8:09:01 AM
USMCinfinity posted...
DBogatz posted...
YOU have no control over when you receive merchandise. Whether Gamestop as a corporate entity has control over that it is a more complicated issue.

Not really, our HQ are at TX so when they know we know, Nintendo f*** this up, not GS, go ahead and call best buy, I find funny most people who "hate" GS wish they would work there.

I'm an exception. Your beloved game retail company, which keeps money from publishers/developers in your heinous used sales market, can go straight to hell for all the damage it's done to the industry, producer-wise.

Yeah, it sucks that I'd get the game a couple days later than other members on this board do, but GameStop's fault or not, it's still a disease to the industry.
---
http://i-miss-you.ytmnd.com/
Seisen no Keifu is long, boring, jarringly slow, and thoroughly overrated.
#372wingedangelPosted 2/1/2013 8:23:40 AM
Wandering__Hero posted...
The fe boards have always had a lot of trolls, drama whores, whiners, emo kids and autistic children (who eventually age into autistic man children) with poor control over their emotions.

Nothing new really.

I take offense at that autistic bit.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#38FBike1Posted 2/1/2013 8:24:40 AM
You are implying we were mature to begin with.
---
Sorry for the bump.
#39Scout_TaronPosted 2/1/2013 8:30:03 AM
I've never noticed a particular lack of maturity here. But this marine is pretty immature at least
#40OCShoesPosted 2/1/2013 8:33:52 AM
2wingedangel posted...
Wandering__Hero posted...
The fe boards have always had a lot of trolls, drama whores, whiners, emo kids and autistic children (who eventually age into autistic man children) with poor control over their emotions.

Nothing new really.

I take offense at that autistic bit.

I'm aware you're probably being sarcastic, but I find the autistic bit to be questionable at best.

Also, I don't think this is an issue constrained to the FE boards, anyway XD Sounds like the Internet in general to me. Actually, quite frankly, sounds like life in general to me. Although I gather that was probably the point XD
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin