Best Buy release date changed to 2-1!

#11lonecowPosted 2/1/2013 11:32:20 AM
Best Buy is the worst company on the planet.

They sent an e-mail saying it is out today and then another saying my store isn't going to carry it and to call customer service. Idiots.

This is why I never go there. I was hoping to get it before a business trip on the 5th but I have a feeling it's going to be a headache to get a copy now.
#12LightHawKnightPosted 2/1/2013 11:34:45 AM
lonecow posted...
Best Buy is the worst company on the planet.

They sent an e-mail saying it is out today and then another saying my store isn't going to carry it and to call customer service. Idiots.

This is why I never go there. I was hoping to get it before a business trip on the 5th but I have a feeling it's going to be a headache to get a copy now.

No. GS is. At least BB keeps their games sealed.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#13Mizark85Posted 2/1/2013 11:43:47 AM
Just returned from Best Buy (in NJ) and they don't have it yet. Girl working the desk had never seen a mess up email like that before. Even the BB site still says 2/4 for the release date. Would have been nice to start playing today.
---
Gamertag: Mizark04
#14poptarts22Posted 2/1/2013 11:45:34 AM
swordsman126 posted...
You all should call before you go try to pick it up.

Rule #1 of CAG Club; never call.

I called Best Buy after getting my pick-up e-mail and they said not until 02/04. Since this has happened to me before with Mario Tennis Open and Kid Icarus, I drove to Best Buy, took a copy of the game from the shelf to the register, and was able to check out without any Do Not Sell warnings pop up on the register.

I know it's not 100% the fault of the employee working there, but retailers just can't seem to get down these awkward Sunday/Monday first party Nintendo releases.

I sort of wish Nintendo would just ship Tuesday/release Wednesday like every other game company.
#15Hirokey123Posted 2/1/2013 11:55:41 AM
This really has to be the most poorly handled game release since Ni no kuni. >_>
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#16zoharemulatorPosted 2/1/2013 11:56:29 AM
Hirokey123 posted...
This really has to be the most poorly handled game release since Ni no kuni. >_>

Quite the legacy.. all 1-2 weeks huh?
#17Hirokey123Posted 2/1/2013 11:57:21 AM
Yeah I don't get what's with this. Do they simply underestimate sales demand for good games or something?
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#18fireblazerx17Posted 2/1/2013 12:06:07 PM
This is worse than Ni no Kuni IMO >_>'

like, much worse

(or else I'm just a huge biased fanboy)
#19HaZZaRdbOyPosted 2/1/2013 12:07:50 PM
fireblazerx17 posted...
This is worse than Ni no Kuni IMO >_>'

like, much worse

(or else I'm just a huge biased fanboy)

I assure you that how namco handled the Ni no Kuni's wizard edition was worse. Much worse. Nobody affected has even gotten their promised 400 page hardcore strategy guide yet.
#20Hirokey123Posted 2/1/2013 12:08:20 PM
Oh yeah no doubt even the employees are dumbfounded at how absolute bad this game release is going. >_<
---