Best Buy release date changed to 2-1!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Best Buy release date changed to 2-1!

User Info: lonecow

lonecow
3 years ago#11
Best Buy is the worst company on the planet.

They sent an e-mail saying it is out today and then another saying my store isn't going to carry it and to call customer service. Idiots.

This is why I never go there. I was hoping to get it before a business trip on the 5th but I have a feeling it's going to be a headache to get a copy now.

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
3 years ago#12
lonecow posted...
Best Buy is the worst company on the planet.

They sent an e-mail saying it is out today and then another saying my store isn't going to carry it and to call customer service. Idiots.

This is why I never go there. I was hoping to get it before a business trip on the 5th but I have a feeling it's going to be a headache to get a copy now.

No. GS is. At least BB keeps their games sealed.
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."

User Info: Mizark85

Mizark85
3 years ago#13
Just returned from Best Buy (in NJ) and they don't have it yet. Girl working the desk had never seen a mess up email like that before. Even the BB site still says 2/4 for the release date. Would have been nice to start playing today.
Gamertag: Mizark04

User Info: poptarts22

poptarts22
3 years ago#14
swordsman126 posted...
You all should call before you go try to pick it up.

Rule #1 of CAG Club; never call.

I called Best Buy after getting my pick-up e-mail and they said not until 02/04. Since this has happened to me before with Mario Tennis Open and Kid Icarus, I drove to Best Buy, took a copy of the game from the shelf to the register, and was able to check out without any Do Not Sell warnings pop up on the register.

I know it's not 100% the fault of the employee working there, but retailers just can't seem to get down these awkward Sunday/Monday first party Nintendo releases.

I sort of wish Nintendo would just ship Tuesday/release Wednesday like every other game company.

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
3 years ago#15
This really has to be the most poorly handled game release since Ni no kuni. >_>
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: zoharemulator

zoharemulator
3 years ago#16
Hirokey123 posted...
This really has to be the most poorly handled game release since Ni no kuni. >_>

Quite the legacy.. all 1-2 weeks huh?

Hirokey123
3 years ago#17
Yeah I don't get what's with this. Do they simply underestimate sales demand for good games or something?
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: fireblazerx17

fireblazerx17
3 years ago#18
This is worse than Ni no Kuni IMO >_>'

like, much worse

(or else I'm just a huge biased fanboy)

User Info: HaZZaRdbOy

HaZZaRdbOy
3 years ago#19
fireblazerx17 posted...
This is worse than Ni no Kuni IMO >_>'

like, much worse

(or else I'm just a huge biased fanboy)

I assure you that how namco handled the Ni no Kuni's wizard edition was worse. Much worse. Nobody affected has even gotten their promised 400 page hardcore strategy guide yet.

Hirokey123
3 years ago#20
Oh yeah no doubt even the employees are dumbfounded at how absolute bad this game release is going. >_<
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Best Buy release date changed to 2-1!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived