Spotpass vs DLC

#1Legendary_MusasPosted 2/1/2013 5:08:53 PM
Which version of the characters are 'better'?
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)
#2DragonLord150Posted 2/1/2013 8:25:09 PM
If you mean look:
It seems that DLC are unique[like Chrom and his team] while Spotpass are all Generics with there Old Art from their FE game.
---
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon
#3StreetPasWantrPosted 2/1/2013 9:03:05 PM
If you mean stat-wise, I'm pretty sure DLC is better. Besides, you get a map with it.
---
I hate my name. Pretend it's something really cool until 2023. Hopefully, I'll have a "compelling" reason by then.
#4Legendary_Musas(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:05:51 AM
I actually meant both look and stats so thank you both.
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)
#5RayLancerPosted 2/2/2013 10:08:43 AM
Yea I never really understood the difference between spotpass and dlc. I assumed DLC was just a faster way of unlocking certain characters and comes with a map vs waiting for the character to show up on spotpass.
---
Playing: Gundam Extreme Vs, Skyrim (PC), KoF XIII, SSFIV AE, Battlefield 3
PSN: RayLancer916 XBL: RayLancer
#6Perfect ZPosted 2/2/2013 10:46:05 AM
DLC includes more than just the characters, but comparing just the characters...

Appearance-wise, both DLC and Spotpass try to fit the past characters into Awakening's standard classes. However, the DLC characters actually have new illustrations reflecting the new look of the characters, while spotpass reuses old official art that doesn't match up well with their new models. The DLC units also have a blue aura around them due to story reasons.

DLC versions generally have exclusive skills that the Spotpass versions lack. Some characters can have very different starting levels in DLC and Spotpass (say, DLC Marth is around level 10 and usable since the DLC chapters become accessible, while Spotpass Marth starts at the equivalent of level 20 promoted), which changes their availability, because you need a certain amount of gold or power to recruit them.
---
"Five hearts united as one!"
"..."