Is radiant dawn the worst fire emblem game barring remakes?

#1king_darksPosted 2/1/2013 6:28:15 PM
title. - Results (429 votes)
No. Its [Insert title here].
83.22% (357 votes)
Yes and sadly so.
16.78% (72 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Bare bones support conversations. Stupid plot devices You must do this becuz of the BLOOD PACT! Units vanishing for 80% of the game, Dumass restrictions at endgame. There is alot that makes this a unsatisfying FE game.
---
School days are back.
#2heavylobsterguyPosted 2/1/2013 6:32:28 PM
Hey, FE12 is better and it's a remake.

Oh, and Gaiden's worse and probably needs a remake that isn't half-assed.
---
The official Slime of the Super Smash Bros Wii U Boards
You know what they say, the more the merrier!
#3Huff n puff 20Posted 2/1/2013 6:33:37 PM
FE2 EXISTS.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#4Sentinel07Posted 2/1/2013 6:34:05 PM
Honestly, Radiant Dawn ranks as my favorite FE game (although Awakening may soon replace it).

The story was compelling, and I enjoyed the gameplay and seeing the battlefield from different armies like that. It wasn't perfect of course, but I think it did lots of good things.

If I had to call one that I've played the worst, it'd probably be Sword of Seals. The enemies are extremely cheap in that game. Even when their hit percentage is in the 30's, they still hit often in that game.
#5legendarylemurPosted 2/1/2013 6:34:07 PM
I personally really hated FE8. Its only saving grace was the new units included from FE7
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Catch the Rainbow
#6MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/1/2013 6:34:40 PM
Sentinel07 posted...
Honestly, Radiant Dawn ranks as my favorite FE game (although Awakening may soon replace it).

The story was compelling, and I enjoyed the gameplay and seeing the battlefield from different armies like that. It wasn't perfect of course, but I think it did lots of good things.

If I had to call one that I've played the worst, it'd probably be Sword of Seals. The enemies are extremely cheap in that game. Even when their hit percentage is in the 30's, they still hit often in that game.

Worse even than Shadow Dragon?
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)
#7OmegChosenPosted 2/1/2013 6:35:31 PM
FE1 is pretty bad by modern standards. I disliked FE10 for what it took out but at least it was mechanically sound for the most part.
#8OCShoesPosted 2/1/2013 6:35:37 PM
king_darks posted...
Bare bones support conversations. Stupid plot devices You must do this becuz of the BLOOD PACT! Units vanishing for 80% of the game, Dumass restrictions at endgame. There is alot that makes this a unsatisfying FE game.

Hey. I've read a lot of fiction. Blood pacts are not a bad plot device when they're handled properly. Like, don't pull it out as a deus ex machina, make it clear what it is and give hints toward it other than OMG SUDDEN PERSONALITY CHANGE
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#9Sentinel07Posted 2/1/2013 6:36:05 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Sentinel07 posted...

Worse even than Shadow Dragon?

He said barring remakes. If we include remakes, then Shadow Dragon would be lowest for me (although I still enjoyed it).
#10Pitbuller_26Posted 2/1/2013 6:36:30 PM
Far from it.

Units being able to support with anyone is a good move however it meants support talks had to suffer because lord knows no video game company is going to make detailed conversations between over 50 characters in one game. It isn't feasible.

I would say 6 is the worst non-remake. FE6 was the start of taking away skills and other things the previous FEs established. Starting from FE8, we started getting those features back.
---
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1749.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png