Gamespot's review

#51WestbrickIIIPosted 2/1/2013 10:09:19 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
ITT: Fools whine over a ****ing review score and continue to forget that multiple people with various opinions are on gamespot, not a hivemind. Also the 3DS isn't entitled to a 9 so stop acting like it is.

In this post: generalizations, not reading the topic.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#52kenneth_velezPosted 2/1/2013 10:14:50 PM
Thats why I always look at both with Gamespot and Game Informers reviews. It depends on how is reviewing it but I generally agree with GI reviewers.
#53Koishi_KomeijiPosted 2/1/2013 10:24:01 PM(edited)
WestbrickIII posted...
People moaned and cried about IGN's review, but this one was terrible. Only two main criticisms were offered:

-Multiplayer. It's silly enough to criticize Fire Emblem at all in this regard, since it's a single-player oriented experience, but to say that it's worse than previous entries? Baffling.
-"Cumbersome interface." Not only is there a clear help function to learn about anything you might have missed, but you can click the weapons / items / skills to learn what they mean. Every other reviewer has called this the most accessible and intuitive game in the series, and rightfully so.

Two baseless complaints, -1.5 from the final score. Ridiculous.

Remember the Radiant Dawn review and the reviewer complaining about the lack of Mii support?

Yeah, I'm not surprised by their weird complaints since that.

Still, 8.5 *is* a good score.
---
I'm not with you.
You're not with me.
#54WestbrickIIIPosted 2/1/2013 10:30:11 PM
Koishi_Komeiji posted...
Remember the Radiant Dawn review and the reviewer complaining about the lack of Mii support?

We don't talk about that monstrosity 'round these parts.

Anyone complaining about the score itself I disagree with completely -- an 8.5 is a fine score and, depending on what you're looking for in the game, can be perfectly reasonable. GameTrailers' 8.5 is a great example of this: fair, clear, and with criticisms that reflect the final score.

The problem here is that Gamespot's review boils down to "Multiplayer, I don't know how to use the touch screen / tutorials, -1.5 lol"
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#55kenneth_velezPosted 2/1/2013 10:34:26 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
Koishi_Komeiji posted...

We don't talk about that monstrosity 'round these parts.

Anyone complaining about the score itself I disagree with completely -- an 8.5 is a fine score and, depending on what you're looking for in the game, can be perfectly reasonable. GameTrailers' 8.5 is a great example of this: fair, clear, and with criticisms that reflect the final score.

The problem here is that Gamespot's review boils down to "Multiplayer, I don't know how to use the touch screen / tutorials, -1.5 lol"

Yeah, every now and again when I see what they have given for scores at Gamespot I think to myself "Maybe they are making a statement about how arbitrary review scores are". They had a similar complaint about lack of online Multiplayer in Theatrhythm FF.
#56-DunnoBroPosted 2/1/2013 10:40:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#57Scout_TaronPosted 2/1/2013 10:44:57 PM
-DunnoBro posted...
No offense but it was a women who did the review.

Did you really expect rationality?

geez....
#58Legend-APosted 2/2/2013 12:54:01 AM
Toadster9001 posted...
The agenda is getting embarrassing, I'm sorry. Gamespot clearly has a bias against the 3DS, particularly Nintendo-published software, and no amount of rhetoric or damage control will change reality.

Steel Diver
Gamespot Score: 4.5
GameRankings Average: 61.75%
Difference: -16.75%

Pokemon Black 2
Gamespot Score: 6.5
GameRankings Average: 81.40%
Difference: -16.40%

Mario Tennis Open
Gamespot Score: 5.5
GameRankings Average: 69.24%
Difference: -14.24%

Pokemon Rumble Blast
Gamespot Score: 4.5
GameRankings Average: 57.85%
Difference: -12.85%

Super Mario 3D Land
Gamespot Score: 8.0
GameRankings Average: 90.19%
Difference: -10.19%

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Gamespot Score: 8.5
GameRankings Average: 94.01%
Difference: -9.01%

New Super Mario bros. 2
Gamespot Score: 7.0
GameRankings Average: 78.59%
Difference: -8.59%

Star Fox 64 3D
Gamespot Score: 7.5
GameRankings: 82.16%
Difference: -7.16%

Pilotwings Resort
Gamespot Score: 6.5
GameRankings: 71.94%
Difference: -6.94%

Pushmo
GameRankings Average: 91.57%
Difference: -6.57%

Fire Emblem: Awakening
GameRankings Average: 91.42%
Difference: -6.42%

Tetris Axis
Gamespot Score: 7.0
GameRankings Average: 76.33%
Difference: -6.33%

Mario Kart 7
GameRankings Average: 85.07%
Difference: -5.07%

Kid Icarus: Uprising
GameRankings Average: 84.55%
Difference: -4.55%

Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog and New Friends
Gamespot Score: 7.5
GameRankings Average: 74.40%
Difference: +0.60%

Those scores are pretty spot on.
#59iRabbitPosted 2/2/2013 1:19:52 AM
Oh no, someone scored a game I've never played slightly lower than i think they should! That will surely cause me to rethink purchasing the game and forego using my own opinion!

Nintendo fanboys: not even once.
---
Rabbit || NFLB MVP 2012
Nerd obliterator, passionate lover, purveyor of fine art
#60AceMosPosted 2/2/2013 1:27:15 AM
no 1 is upset about the score

ppl are upset about the REASONS

which are so minor that they should only acount for .3 or .4 off
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*