#61Dr_Koopa76Posted 2/2/2013 2:27:35 AM
Gamespot was right about Mario Tennis Open

That game sucked
---
3DS FC: 1203-9216-5732/PSN: Lazykarl24
http://i45.tinypic.com/2pyunmd.jpg
#62WestbrickIIIPosted 2/2/2013 2:29:40 AM
iRabbit posted...
Oh no, someone scored a game I've never played slightly lower than i think they should! That will surely cause me to rethink purchasing the game and forego using my own opinion!

Nintendo fanboys: not even once.

You're better than this, Rabbit.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#63iRabbitPosted 2/2/2013 2:33:26 AM
AceMos posted...
no 1 is upset about the score

ppl are upset about the REASONS

which are so minor that they should only acount for .3 or .4 off

This isn't your scale and grading system. It's theirs. Why do people get so worked up over pointless numbers? You liked the game or you didn't, is somebody with a different opinion giving it a numerical grade going to change that in any way for you?
---
Rabbit || NFLB MVP 2012
Nerd obliterator, passionate lover, purveyor of fine art
#64AceMosPosted 2/2/2013 2:37:22 AM
iRabbit posted...
AceMos posted...
no 1 is upset about the score

ppl are upset about the REASONS

which are so minor that they should only acount for .3 or .4 off

This isn't your scale and grading system. It's theirs. Why do people get so worked up over pointless numbers? You liked the game or you didn't, is somebody with a different opinion giving it a numerical grade going to change that in any way for you?

its not about who's scale it is

its about the fact the flaws are VERRY minor
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#65Dragoon of InfinityPosted 2/2/2013 6:10:34 AM
White_Queen posted...
Gamespot rated Dark Souls a 9.5...

I honestly can't tell how this is even sort of related to anything.
---
Praise the sun!
#66guedesbrawlPosted 2/2/2013 6:21:23 AM
eh...why does it matter?
only one's own opinion matters.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#67violentvitoPosted 2/2/2013 6:38:44 AM
scigeek101 posted...
burninglink5 posted...
Christ, are you guys seriously complaining about an 8.5? That's a fantastic score.

In a world where review scores are more like the Warp scale from TNG and beyond, 8.5 is much worse than a 9.6.

(For the uninitiated Star Trek the Next Generation (TNG) and following Star Trek series used a unit called "Warp" to measure speeds faster than light. This unit was scaled differently in TNG than in the original Star Trek.

In TNG warp 1 equals the speed of light (C). Warp 10 equals infinite speed. They created a really weird scale for this, Warp 2=10 C. Warp 3= about 50 C and it scales exponentially pretty normally until warp 9, then they basically through their system out the window and have the speed skyrocket at extreme exponential leaps for each decimal point of extra warp they add past 9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Warptable.gif)

So what was the point of that weird aside? Basically video game scores are like warp, they don't exist on a true 10 point scale. Rather quality grown exponentially toward the higher end of the scale. Really while the average score should be a 5, it is really more like 7. So giving Fire Emblem an 8.5 while perfectly reasonable if operating under a 10 point scale, becomes a far different score when operating under the anything under 7 is crap scale. Its the difference between being "excellent" and "above average".

Interesting star trek stuff but all that aside the reviews are done like letter grades it school. 10 is 100% 9 is an A, 8 a B, 7 a C, etc. so 5 is a failing game. B is above average. 7 is just average. Some review places however do use 5 as average so the average score is not a good indicator of a game. I prefer 7 being the average but thats my personal taste. But yes 8.5 to even a 9 is a huge difference in score.
#68MarioLinkGenofaPosted 2/2/2013 6:49:37 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
...And unsurprisingly, everyone is focused on the score and not the content of the review (with shaky criticisms and a score that doesn't reflect them).

---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#69Steve_TeddiePosted 2/2/2013 7:14:07 AM
People can't read, they read the byline and said "two criticisms OMG!"

Here you go, children:

While the narrative is filled with interesting melodrama and political intrigue, the unwavering evilness of some of the villains is ridiculous and makes some parts of the story hard to take seriously.
Story, kinda important in an RPG, no?

Avatar creation is limited, with limited options to change physical features. Some elements of the game's interface are cumbersome--in particular, the inventory system. Each unit carries its own stock of items, but the game lacks a simple "give" command to transfer items in-between fights, necessitating that you put everything you want to pass along into storage with one character and remove it with another.
There are some more.

More advanced combat information, like the odds of your companions performing guards or follow-up attacks, can be tough to find and isn't shown at all in the default pre-engagement screens. The local multiplayer is also disappointing given both the robustness of the StreetPass features and the history of multiplayer in portable Fire Emblem games. It consists of cooperative battles of three units from each player's team simply fighting a group of enemies one-on-one in sequence for items and renown points. Compared to the full-fledged fights and trades that StreetPass offers, the local multiplayer is ridiculously limited.
More!

More than justifies an 8.5
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7RZm.gif http://i.minus.com/jdhz8Qk44JjS5.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#70a_lil_monster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:23:18 AM
Anyone read the reviewer's replies to some comments? I have to say I agree with them. Now if the website could be consistent in its scoring...
---
Now Playing: Halo 4, Skyrim, Pokemon Black 2