Never played a Fire Emblem game before so would I be lost in the story?

#1XGeassPosted 2/1/2013 10:44:45 PM
I really want to get this this game but I would hate wondering WTF was going on the whole time.
---
JustDubs no longer exists.... I don't want to live in this world anymore.........
#2ArreiPosted 2/1/2013 10:45:38 PM
Nope, most of the games are standalone stories. You'd be fine with just knowing there once was a hero named Marth, and he did heroey stuff.
#3OmegChosenPosted 2/1/2013 10:46:46 PM
Practically every game in Fire Emblem is a self contained story so you can pick up most of the games without having played any of the others. So there's no real danger of getting lost.
#4XGeass(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:49:11 PM
Arrei posted...
Nope, most of the games are standalone stories. You'd be fine with just knowing there once was a hero named Marth, and he did heroey stuff.

Ok this was what I figured but wasn't sure.

Also are all the stories within the same universe or are they completely separate from each other?
---
JustDubs no longer exists.... I don't want to live in this world anymore.........
#5ArikidoPosted 2/1/2013 10:51:16 PM
Most are separate, but some are sequels...the others supposedly take place in alternate dimensions according to Old Man Hubba.
#6Hirokey123Posted 2/1/2013 10:51:26 PM
sometimes they are set in the same universe other times they aren't. In this case FE:A is one one of those times set in the same universe were Marth lived 2000 years ago. But you don't actually need to know anything about how the world was in the past.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#7OmegChosenPosted 2/1/2013 10:51:36 PM
XGeass posted...
Arrei posted...

Also are all the stories within the same universe or are they completely separate from each other?

There's like five different universes of Fire Emblem. 1, 2, 3, and 13 (this one) are part of the same universe but you don't need to know much aside from the "Marth is an old timey hero" thing.
#8Huff n puff 20Posted 2/1/2013 10:55:36 PM(edited)
OmegChosen posted...
XGeass posted...
Arrei posted...

There's like five different universes of Fire Emblem. 1, 2, 3, and 13 (this one) are part of the same universe but you don't need to know much aside from the "Marth is an old timey hero" thing.

1(11),2,3(12),4,5, and 13/A.
4 and 5 are part of the history, and if you support MU and Sumia, 4 is named... as a history book.

9 and 10 are also connected, as Parion, Ike's descendant, exists. However, Ike is implied to be from another dimension.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#9OmegChosenPosted 2/1/2013 10:58:24 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
OmegChosen posted...
XGeass posted...
Arrei posted...

4 and 5 are part of the history, and if you support MU and Sumia, 4 is named... as a history book.

9 and 10 are also connected, as Parion, Ike's descendant, exists. However, Ike is implied to be from another dimension.

Right, right. Nearly forgot. So it's more like 4 universes.
#10Huff n puff 20Posted 2/1/2013 11:00:07 PM
OmegChosen posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
OmegChosen posted...
XGeass posted...
Arrei posted...

Right, right. Nearly forgot. So it's more like 4 universes.

Also, Magvel can be seen on Awakening's world map, supposedly. (One couldn't be certain it is Magvel. That could be Jugdral or some other unmentioned continent)
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition