FE:Awakening or Tales of the Abyss? Which is better?

#1Oakland510_Posted 2/2/2013 2:50:42 AM
Right now I'm around 30% done with the game and I won't finish when Awakening comes out. So should I just stick with Abyss until I finish it then play Awakening or just get and play Awakening on day 1 then finish Abyss afterwards?
#2peter_888Posted 2/2/2013 2:51:41 AM
both are pretty different, even if they do share the same genre
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#3ArreiPosted 2/2/2013 2:52:17 AM
They're completely different style of RPG, it's pretty difficult to compare.

That said, I'd suggest finishing Abyss first, because if you put it down to play Awakening you'll probably have forgotten what you were doing in the story when you pick it back up.
#4EnulfPosted 2/2/2013 2:57:14 AM
Keep playing Abyss until you get bored, which hopefully comes after beating the game at least once, then switch to Awakening. Unless you have friends you want to play alongside in Awakening or really want the new DLC, or some other reason...?
---
What time is it?
#5acesxhighPosted 2/2/2013 3:00:19 AM
Never put down a JRPG you intend to finish. Because you won't ever finish it.
---
Official Ubisoft hater of everywhere
http://i.imgur.com/teH4y.gif
#6fireblazerx17Posted 2/2/2013 3:01:19 AM
They're only the same genre by the generic genre of "RPGs", Fire Emblem games and Tales games play extremely different. FE is a strategy or turn-based RPG and rather niche series while Tales is more of a typical JRPG though well-known for its real-time battle system.

Of the two, I strongly suggest FE: Awakening over TotA. TotA is rather long, tiring, and IMO the battle system gets stale faster than other Tales games. Keep in mind it's kind of like a 3DS port of the PS2 game but with some fixes and obviously a lot of graphical changes and stuff; FE: A is new, fresh, and currently being extremely well-received.

Note that I've played both the PS2 and the 3DS version of TotA and I -did- enjoy them to some extent, and that I'm a Tales fan in general, having beaten multiple games in the series (too tired to mention which ones/it doesn't really matter), but I'm also an FE fan, and I'd go with FE:A anyday over TotA, especially since the former is new and hype

just hype
#7HellKnightXPosted 2/2/2013 4:03:06 AM
acesxhigh posted...
Never put down a JRPG you intend to finish. Because you won't ever finish it.

I put down Tales of the Abyss. Never finished it. The sad part is that I'm told the game gets a lot better at the point I stopped playing at.
---
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
#8Paradox421Posted 2/2/2013 4:06:35 AM
HellKnightX posted...
I put down Tales of the Abyss. Never finished it. The sad part is that I'm told the game gets a lot better at the point I stopped playing at.

When Luke cuts his hair?
---
"Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?"
"Dude!--" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
#9abdouPosted 2/2/2013 4:22:05 AM
You should finish Abyss, take your time and enjoy it too, excellent game.
---
#10kukingina2Posted 2/2/2013 4:34:21 AM
Abyss is one of the better Tales games... don't drop the game it gets really good especially after luke cuts his hair
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047