IGN's 10 tips for playing Fire Emblem

#11SolidSnakeACPosted 2/2/2013 6:43:39 AM
pillerofautumn posted...

That's just plain wrong, Think it was a she who was playing btw, she used Fred to weaken the enemy, and then killed them with another unit. Just like the guy said, you get a lot more experience for killing than injuring.

What? Most of the video Fred was using a hammer.

There was a video of her doing the Marth DLC where she zerged it with Frederick and in the process broke her silver lance
---
Man, don't even worry. I'm working on a cure for death, so you'll be able to play MGS4 for sure.- Technics420
#12arvilinoPosted 2/2/2013 7:09:55 AM(edited)
SolidSnakeAC posted...
pillerofautumn posted...

That's just plain wrong, Think it was a she who was playing btw, she used Fred to weaken the enemy, and then killed them with another unit. Just like the guy said, you get a lot more experience for killing than injuring.

What? Most of the video Fred was using a hammer.

There was a video of her doing the Marth DLC where she zerged it with Frederick and in the process broke her silver lance

To be fair in that same video she got another Silver Lance from the first village and Frederick w/ Silver Lance a good way to deal with the mages on that DLC chapter.
#13EndgamePosted 2/2/2013 9:21:38 AM
IGNorance at its finest, unless it's a parody video and they're showing how Awakening lets you get away with such idiocy, then it's brilliant!

but if it's not a parody, no wonder they like Awakening so much, they could get away with doing those very things!
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#14Scout_TaronPosted 2/2/2013 10:58:47 AM
Endgame posted...
IGNorance at its finest, unless it's a parody video and they're showing how Awakening lets you get away with such idiocy, then it's brilliant!

but if it's not a parody, no wonder they like Awakening so much, they could get away with doing those very things!

on normal
#15CosmosYearsPosted 2/2/2013 11:06:28 AM
Okay this is just sad, I watched the video last night just to get more game exposure and there wasn't anything wrong with the video. When I first played FE7 I did so many of the things they said aren't good ideas, and they aren't. You people just don't remember what it's like to be like 12 years old and be a total noob, grow up.
---
Number of people who have said, "Listen to Cosmos": 32
LOL IGN: Aladair
#16Enemy_AC130Posted 2/2/2013 11:08:51 AM
I think that video has them using Pr. Marth with no weapons. Wow.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i52.tinypic.com/2nv4g3m.jpg
#17ferofaxPosted 2/2/2013 11:21:46 AM
Ahaha, TC got owned. I'd watch the video, but I'm more interested in that 60+ minutes of Rune Factory 4 gameplay.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#18Is_CorruptedPosted 2/2/2013 11:31:12 AM
The tips are legit and the gameplay isn't as bad as portrayed in the comments.
I don't like IGN, but this vid wasn't bad.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#19SirGizmoPosted 2/2/2013 12:12:31 PM
Stopped watching like a minute in where they had a caster attack an enemy unit in melee range and get countered.
---
""You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott." -SirGizmo
#20kukingina2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:29:08 PM(edited)
ferofax posted...
Ahaha, TC got owned. I'd watch the video, but I'm more interested in that 60+ minutes of Rune Factory 4 gameplay.

how was I owned the guy playing the video clearly owned him/herself with that terrible skill he fights melee (that has better stats than him) with casters on melee range)

he sends archers in the front lines ffs
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047