Idea of street date release and when gamestop ACTUALLY gets the game??

#11OmegChosenPosted 2/2/2013 4:11:50 PM
DBogatz posted...
All I want is some ******* accurate information from Gamestop, from the top, not all this store by store changes every day BS. I've called my pre-order store three times in the last three days and gotten a different answer all three times.

I wonder if anyone could get through to someone actually in the know at GameStop headquarters. >_>
#12DBogatzPosted 2/2/2013 4:49:45 PM
(817) 424-2000

I think that should be their corporate phone number, but good luck seeing if anyone can get answers.
#13OCShoesPosted 2/2/2013 5:15:24 PM
OmegChosen posted...
DBogatz posted...
All I want is some ******* accurate information from Gamestop, from the top, not all this store by store changes every day BS. I've called my pre-order store three times in the last three days and gotten a different answer all three times.

I wonder if anyone could get through to someone actually in the know at GameStop headquarters. >_>

I'm a 20 minute drive from their headquarters. Do you think they'd deal with me if I just showed up on Monday demanding answers?
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#14DBogatzPosted 2/2/2013 5:19:21 PM(edited)
I think I might donate five dollars to your bail money.

Edit: You could always just try to ask for a statement though. Newspaper style.
#15OmegChosenPosted 2/2/2013 5:21:59 PM
OCShoes posted...
OmegChosen posted...
DBogatz posted...

I'm a 20 minute drive from their headquarters. Do you think they'd deal with me if I just showed up on Monday demanding answers?

...They'd probably deal with you...in some fashion. *police sirens in the distance*

In all honesty, the ground level individuals will probably give you the run around. Calling on the phone is likely to be the same unless you get a good line of sympathetic individuals who would actually pass you up to someone who knew what was behind all this.
#16HankTank45Posted 2/2/2013 5:25:17 PM
I'm so angry, I called off work already and am skipping class to play it monday, and guess what its not coming, great , because god forbid we give out accurate information to our loyal customers.
---
JUS FC-4898-8810-3684
#17jonnovision1Posted 2/2/2013 5:29:50 PM
HankTank45 posted...
I'm so angry, I called off work already and am skipping class to play it monday, and guess what its not coming, great , because god forbid we give out accurate information to our loyal customers.

that's your fault for calling off work and skipping class to play a video game.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#18WilDaThrillPosted 2/2/2013 5:46:45 PM
For HankTank and others frustrated by this I can at least assure you that Gamestop isn't entirely at fault on this one. I work there and our Nintendo Rep couldn't even give us a straight answer on this when they were shipping (the 4th or 8th), however Street Date on the game has already been broken by a Best Buy in the Midwest so whenever your local store gets one in they should be able to sell it regardless-not keep it in backstock for a week like most releases. The real problem is Nintendo doesn't follow the pattern of Tuesday releases, it's always been a Sunday or Monday with their games, and the date we usually give as a SD can sometimes also be a SHIPPING DATE-which is a problem in a world where everything isn't one day shipping...

Apologies for WoT.
#19DriedMonkeyPosted 2/2/2013 7:57:16 PM
It's bizarre how inconsistent they are. I got called by EB saying they had it in stock on the 29th.
#20OmegChosenPosted 2/2/2013 7:58:46 PM
DriedMonkey posted...
It's bizarre how inconsistent they are. I got called by EB saying they had it in stock on the 29th.

That's because Canada cheated.