Idea of street date release and when gamestop ACTUALLY gets the game??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Idea of street date release and when gamestop ACTUALLY gets the game??

User Info: OmegChosen

OmegChosen
3 years ago#11
DBogatz posted...
All I want is some ******* accurate information from Gamestop, from the top, not all this store by store changes every day BS. I've called my pre-order store three times in the last three days and gotten a different answer all three times.

I wonder if anyone could get through to someone actually in the know at GameStop headquarters. >_>

User Info: DBogatz

DBogatz
3 years ago#12
(817) 424-2000

I think that should be their corporate phone number, but good luck seeing if anyone can get answers.

User Info: OCShoes

OCShoes
3 years ago#13
OmegChosen posted...
DBogatz posted...
All I want is some ******* accurate information from Gamestop, from the top, not all this store by store changes every day BS. I've called my pre-order store three times in the last three days and gotten a different answer all three times.

I wonder if anyone could get through to someone actually in the know at GameStop headquarters. >_>

I'm a 20 minute drive from their headquarters. Do you think they'd deal with me if I just showed up on Monday demanding answers?
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin

User Info: DBogatz

DBogatz
3 years ago#14
I think I might donate five dollars to your bail money.

Edit: You could always just try to ask for a statement though. Newspaper style.

OmegChosen
3 years ago#15
OCShoes posted...
OmegChosen posted...
DBogatz posted...

I'm a 20 minute drive from their headquarters. Do you think they'd deal with me if I just showed up on Monday demanding answers?

...They'd probably deal with you...in some fashion. *police sirens in the distance*

In all honesty, the ground level individuals will probably give you the run around. Calling on the phone is likely to be the same unless you get a good line of sympathetic individuals who would actually pass you up to someone who knew what was behind all this.

User Info: HankTank45

HankTank45
3 years ago#16
I'm so angry, I called off work already and am skipping class to play it monday, and guess what its not coming, great , because god forbid we give out accurate information to our loyal customers.
JUS FC-4898-8810-3684

User Info: jonnovision1

jonnovision1
3 years ago#17
HankTank45 posted...
I'm so angry, I called off work already and am skipping class to play it monday, and guess what its not coming, great , because god forbid we give out accurate information to our loyal customers.

that's your fault for calling off work and skipping class to play a video game.
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363

User Info: WilDaThrill

WilDaThrill
3 years ago#18
For HankTank and others frustrated by this I can at least assure you that Gamestop isn't entirely at fault on this one. I work there and our Nintendo Rep couldn't even give us a straight answer on this when they were shipping (the 4th or 8th), however Street Date on the game has already been broken by a Best Buy in the Midwest so whenever your local store gets one in they should be able to sell it regardless-not keep it in backstock for a week like most releases. The real problem is Nintendo doesn't follow the pattern of Tuesday releases, it's always been a Sunday or Monday with their games, and the date we usually give as a SD can sometimes also be a SHIPPING DATE-which is a problem in a world where everything isn't one day shipping...

Apologies for WoT.

User Info: DriedMonkey

DriedMonkey
3 years ago#19
It's bizarre how inconsistent they are. I got called by EB saying they had it in stock on the 29th.

OmegChosen
3 years ago#20
DriedMonkey posted...
It's bizarre how inconsistent they are. I got called by EB saying they had it in stock on the 29th.

That's because Canada cheated.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Idea of street date release and when gamestop ACTUALLY gets the game??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived