I don't know who to be more pissed off at.

#21NeonDragon9000Posted 2/2/2013 6:43:18 PM
It's because every retailer does things a little different and you're also going to get employees who know more than others.

A good thing to do is whenever you call up a big box retailer, like Walmart or Target, ask to speak to a stockroom worker, as they can check the real quantities that are stored in the stockroom, not just the small amount kept on the sales floor. Sometimes it might appear a game is out of stock, but there are a lot of copies kept in the back that just haven't been brought out yet.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#22HankTank45Posted 2/2/2013 6:45:12 PM
Nintendo insisted on the 4th release date, therefore it being pushed back and inconveniencing us should be ameliorated with free DLC, and that one doesn't count, It was already supposed to go up, it's not for this. Therefore irrelevant to my post.
---
JUS FC-4898-8810-3684
#23EndgamePosted 2/2/2013 6:45:15 PM
Nintendo for making the game in the first place

that's who I'm pissed at!
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#24Flamingace18(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:46:43 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
It's because every retailer does things a little different and you're also going to get employees who know more than others.

A good thing to do is whenever you call up a big box retailer, like Walmart or Target, ask to speak to a stockroom worker, as they can check the real quantities that are stored in the stockroom, not just the small amount kept on the sales floor. Sometimes it might appear a game is out of stock, but there are a lot of copies kept in the back that just haven't been brought out yet.

Yea I've actually seen multiple copies in store behind the case at GS. I asked the worker to check the street date on the computer. He checked and found out that there was no street date. Other employee comes out and says great I can have my game. Then the manager comes out and crushed my dreams and told me they're going to wait and get ahold of corporate before even thinking about selling the game.
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999.
#25hanajimaismycatPosted 2/2/2013 6:47:42 PM
ZyloWolfBane posted...
Well considering its got nothing to do with the actual retailers, you should be pissed at nintendo.

They have literally as much information about all of this as you do, imagine how pissed they are at dealing with customers who dont understand this and complain all weekend about it.

I don't know how it isn't the retailers fault... it had a date of Feb 4th on the gamestop site since I pre-ordered the very day (January 2nd) that pre-orders became available. gamestop sent shipping confirmation January 29th and I got mine the very next day. Nintendo had nothing to do with that.

Not that I'm complaining.
#26vashtrichamPosted 2/2/2013 6:47:48 PM
You shouldn't be pissed at anybody
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#27pillerofautumnPosted 2/2/2013 6:48:29 PM
But they cant have the correct information to give if nintendo isnt providing it.

So again, nintendo.

That's my point. You don't give someone directions if you don't know the directions right? You tell them you don't know. The retailers aren't doing that, so they are still part at fault for creating more confusion.

If that's not obvious enough, just look at the pages after pages of topics on this board asking clarification about when the game comes out.
#28DahlVaughnniPosted 2/2/2013 6:48:32 PM
May I have your attention please? I have an announcement to make

*clears throat*

*clears throat more obnoxiously*

I'm from Canada eh, and I got this here Fire Emblem game in my hands don'tcha know. Noo doobt aboot it.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#29LeanaunfurledPosted 2/2/2013 6:50:59 PM
You shouldn't be pissed at anybody

Someone got shipping screwed up, that much is obvious. It isn't just GameStop, as Amazon is warning of late shipment as well.

Yea I've actually seen multiple copies in store behind the case at GS. I asked the worker to check the street date on the computer. He checked and found out that there was no street date. Other employee comes out and says great I can have my game. Then the manager comes out and crushed my dreams and told me they're going to wait and get ahold of corporate before even thinking about selling the game.

You should have leapt across the counter and attacked him.
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#30Flamingace18(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:53:28 PM
If I didn't have a Bio test Wednesday that I need to study for, I would have taken the jail time.
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999.