Spot Pass/DLC Question

#1bam1991dbzPosted 2/2/2013 8:54:07 PM
Hey all,

I have tried to research regarding the following questions that I will be asking you, but unfortunately I do not have a concrete answer. I hope that the GF community will be patient enough to answer my questions!

1: Spot Pass: Could someone dive into more specifics about what this feature does. I have the general gist but I do not really "get it" yet.

2 DLC: The DLC starts off free correct? Does anyone know how long the DLC will be free for? I have not pre-ordered this game yet, and I would like to get my hands on it before the DLC is no longer free.

3. Would pre-ordering this off of Amazon tonight be a wise decision? The reason why I ask this is because they have a "Potential Shipping Delay" notice and I would like to get this game before the free DLC expires.

Thank you so much!
---
Pokemon Black: 0132-5609-6473
Pokemon White: 2151-1955-8781
#2OCShoesPosted 2/2/2013 8:57:51 PM
bam1991dbz posted...
Hey all,

I have tried to research regarding the following questions that I will be asking you, but unfortunately I do not have a concrete answer. I hope that the GF community will be patient enough to answer my questions!

1: Spot Pass: Could someone dive into more specifics about what this feature does. I have the general gist but I do not really "get it" yet.

2 DLC: The DLC starts off free correct? Does anyone know how long the DLC will be free for? I have not pre-ordered this game yet, and I would like to get my hands on it before the DLC is no longer free.

3. Would pre-ordering this off of Amazon tonight be a wise decision? The reason why I ask this is because they have a "Potential Shipping Delay" notice and I would like to get this game before the free DLC expires.

Thank you so much!

I'd like to say something here. I really appreciate that you're being so polite about this, because I'd probably say something snarky if you weren't.

1. This is basically free DLC; when you have a connection to the internet, you can download a character and then fight them and their team as a skirmish on the world map, and then recruit that character. Say you got Jaffar, you would fight Jaffar and some assassins.

2. The first one does. It will be free until sometime in March, I believe March 6th. You get Marth.

3. Yes. I would highly recommend preordering it when you can, as it seems as if there's going to be some sort of supply issue or something. To be honest, it's kind of late, but late's better than never.
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#3bam1991dbz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:05:14 PM
OCShoes posted...
bam1991dbz posted...
Hey all,

Thank you so much!

I'd like to say something here. I really appreciate that you're being so polite about this, because I'd probably say something snarky if you weren't.

1. This is basically free DLC; when you have a connection to the internet, you can download a character and then fight them and their team as a skirmish on the world map, and then recruit that character. Say you got Jaffar, you would fight Jaffar and some assassins.

2. The first one does. It will be free until sometime in March, I believe March 6th. You get Marth.

3. Yes. I would highly recommend preordering it when you can, as it seems as if there's going to be some sort of supply issue or something. To be honest, it's kind of late, but late's better than never.

Thank you so much for the kind words and to be a hundred percent honest all the credit goes to my parents. Also I have found the GF as a whole to be incredibly helpful and knowledgeable! Many thanks for your answers to my questions. If I may, I would like to ask some follow up questions to further my understanding.

1. Is the SpotPass DLC random as far as characters go or are we able to select whatever character we would like?

2. If only the first one is free, from my preliminary estimations we will be paying a significant amount for all the DLC - would that be a fair assumption to make?

3. I will pre-order it after this thread has run its course.

Thanks again everyone!
---
#4LaoniPosted 2/2/2013 9:06:48 PM
Spotpass is basically, free DLC. Over the coming weeks and months, 120 characters from previous games will be released, and you can recruit these characters into your game

What happens is, after you unlock the Outrealm Gate, you access the download box, and it'll download the most recent team, in this case, FE7s. Then, one character from the team will appear on your map, basically as a Streetpass team, with a team of generics alongside. The order you receive them is random, but set (So say if you receive it as 7-3-1-5-2-6-9-4-10-8 for the FE7 set, that'll be the order you receive them in for every set after) Like a Streetpass team, you encounter them on the world map, and you have a few options. You can fight them, buy the character's services, or shop from their team. If you fight and win, you get that character on your team for free.

Now, the character that appears will only be around for 24 hours, before the character leaves again, and the next in the set appears. However, this doesn't mean you've missed them forever, once the next team is released, you can summon any character from previous teams, without having to wait for them to turn up.

On DLC, yes, the first one is free until the 6th of March

At this point, take it where you can get it xD
---
Now I have this image of Sora's heart being a magical hospital. - Hikaru_Irving
#5bam1991dbz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:18:42 PM
Well I think that this thread has run its course! Thanks to everyone who was able to contribute!
---
#6fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 2/2/2013 9:19:16 PM
I actually had a question regarding Spot Pass and DLC. I was looking at the wiki and noticed that there are differences between the two versions of the characters, in class or skills or whatever. Do the DLC versions have anything unique about them, or can you eventually get the free version of those characters to be the same?

And lastly, the only DLC thing you would need to pay for are the maps, right? Since you can get all those characters over time via Spot Pass?
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#7jimmyjones69Posted 2/2/2013 9:41:06 PM
fuzzylittlbunny posted...
I actually had a question regarding Spot Pass and DLC. I was looking at the wiki and noticed that there are differences between the two versions of the characters, in class or skills or whatever. Do the DLC versions have anything unique about them, or can you eventually get the free version of those characters to be the same?

And lastly, the only DLC thing you would need to pay for are the maps, right? Since you can get all those characters over time via Spot Pass?

I'm not sure I could be of much help but from the reading I've done, the DLC characters and Spotpass characters only have stat differences and the DLC has fanmade artwork for their portrait. There also may be extra skills for the DLC characters but that I can't confirm.

My understanding is that based on repeated use of the reclass item you should be able to get the Spotpass characters to have the same stats as the DLC ones. Personally the only DLC I'll be purchasing is the following:

- A challenging post-game map.
- A high level grinding map.
- A low level grinding map. (might only go with the high level one)
- A map to grind gold/items.

Personally the lowered stats doesn't bother me for the Spotpass characters if you can eventually get them to stats the DLC characters have. I very much look forward to spending hours and hours on this game.

If I can get through 10 full revocations in Dragon Quest 9 then I'm ready for any grind :D.
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4900-1573-3223
#8LaoniPosted 2/2/2013 9:43:35 PM
I'll list the differences
Marth DLC - Has Good Growths, which is Villager class exclusive, and isn't available to him normally
Marth Spotpass - Has Support Boost+ and Luck+4, obtainable only by Valkyries and Dancers respectively

DLC Palla - Comes with Rally Strength and Counter, Male exclusive skills
Spotpass Palla - Doesn't exist

Catria DLC - Comes with Dual Strike+, Lord exclusive skill
Catria Spotpass: Nothing unique

Est DLC - Comes with Good Growths, Underdog and Luck +4, which are Villager and Dancer exclusive
Est Spotpass - Doesn't Exist

Alm DLC - Comes as Demon Fighter, a DLC exclusive class, with Rally Resistance, a Valkyrie exclusive skill
Alm Spotpass - Comes with no exclusive anything

Celica DLC - Comes with Rightful King, a Lord/Male child of Chrom exclusive skill
Celica Spotpass - comes with no exclusive anything

Katarina DLC - Comes with Rally Strength (MAle exclusive) and Shadowgift (Aversa/Morgan!Aversa/DLC Micaiah exclusive)
Katarina Spotpass - Nothing exclusive

Seliph DLC - Comes with Galeforce (Female exclusive) and Charm (LOrd exclusive)
Seliph Spotpass - Has Charm (Lord exclusive)

Leif DLC - Come swith Underdog (Villager exclusive)
Leif Spotpass - nothing exclusive

Roy DLC - Dual Strike+ (Lord exclusive)
Roy Spotpass - nothing exclusive

Lyn DLC - Zeal (Male exclusive)
Lyn Spotpass - nothing exclusive

Eirika DLC - Bride class, Luck +4 (Dancer exclusive)
Eirika Spotpass - Nothing exclusive

Ephraim DLC - Conquest skill (Valhart/Morgan!Valhart exclusive)
Spotpass - Rightful King and Support Block+ exclusive (Lord/Male children of Chrom and Valkyrie exclusive respectively)

Elincia DLC - Charm (Lord Exclusive)
Spotpass - no exlcusive

Ike DLC - Aether
Spotpass - Aether

Micaiah DLC - Shadowgift (Aversa/Aversa!Morgan/DLC Katarina exclusive)
Micaiah spotpass - Nothing exclusive

So you can't really turn the spotpass characters into the DLC characters in most cases, but some DLC characters can't leanr all their spotpass characters do
---
#9LaoniPosted 2/2/2013 9:47:33 PM
Also, with the maps, gotta remember

Micaiah - Comes with Stats +2 Manual, which teaches the skill Stats+2 to your characters.
Alm - Comes with Demon Fighter Scroll, which changes your male units to Demon Fighter
Seliph - Comes with Paragon manual which teaches the skill Paragon to your characters (Ups exp gain)
Eirika - Comes with Bride's Bouquet, which changes your female units to Bride
Lyn - Comes with Iote's Shield manual, which teaches the skill Iote's Shield to your characters (Protects fliers from arrows)
Ike - Comes with Limit Breaker Manual, which teaches the Limit Breaker skill to your characters (Breaks all caps by 10)
---
#10jimmyjones69Posted 2/2/2013 9:47:45 PM
This is good info Laoni. Thanks for posting it :D. This might make me reconsider if I should download additional DLC for characters I like.
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4900-1573-3223