Spot Pass/DLC Question

#11fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 2/2/2013 10:37:44 PM
Yeah thanks, all that info is great. But that made me wonder one last thing... can you have both the Spot Pass and DLC version of the characters? Like would they be two separate units? My guess is no, but what exactly would happen if you get one while you already have them?
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#12LaoniPosted 2/2/2013 10:43:56 PM
Yes you can, they're seperate characters.
---
Now I have this image of Sora's heart being a magical hospital. - Hikaru_Irving
#13fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 2/2/2013 10:48:09 PM
Oh that's interesting. Thanks, because I think I may buy a few of the characters
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#14mrRob201Posted 2/2/2013 10:56:51 PM
just an fyi, it just pre-ordered the game off of amazon, and it estimated delivery on the 6th. if this is true, and it's also true that most GS will not have it until the 8th, then amazon would be the way to go

however thats a big IF
---
"You shall not pass............Gas!"
#15HolstinePosted 2/2/2013 11:06:09 PM
Ok I'm gonna piggy back a little on this question. If I dlc a character (say Lyn) and spot pass that same character, will I just have both of them at the same time? Like can I potentially play with 2 Lyns?
#16mrRob201Posted 2/2/2013 11:07:51 PM
from what I've read, yes you can. think of them as characters from different dimensions which meet up with you, and both join your team.
---
"You shall not pass............Gas!"
#17Rideps1Posted 2/2/2013 11:19:29 PM
mrRob201 posted...
from what I've read, yes you can. think of them as characters from different dimensions which meet up with you, and both join your team.

That and they have different artwork.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#18NeonYoshi11Posted 2/2/2013 11:41:45 PM
So basically I have to spot pass somebody to be able to have infinite replay value ?

The more spot passes the more teams ?

what if I don't know anybody with the game ?

Can I still create a team of random units to fight against ?
#19fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 2/2/2013 11:46:52 PM
I think you're thinking of Street Pass. Spot Pass is just that thing when you get stuff when the 3DS is in sleep mode; you don't need to walk by anyone.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#20LaoniPosted 2/2/2013 11:49:11 PM
Spotpass and streetpass are different

Spotpass is data received from Nintendo through the net

Streetpass is data received from other 3DSes locally.

For Awakening's streetpass, it'll create a random avatar and team for people you streetpass whoi don't have the game. However, the only thing you can recruit from this is their randomised Avatar.

Legacy Characters are through Spotpass, and can be gotten as long as you have your 3DS connected to the net
---
Now I have this image of Sora's heart being a magical hospital. - Hikaru_Irving