Who's the worst, most useless character in FE history

#61Mr_YoruPosted 2/2/2013 11:40:51 PM
Unless you spend vast amounts of time leveling them in the tower of valni, they suck complete ass.

And yet that's exactly why that tower is there. You could easily get Ewan up to 10/1 just by going through a few floors and feeding him kills. I could see Ewan being considered bad like some consider Nino if FE8 didn't have the option of grinding, but that's not the case at all.
---
Feel free to misinterpret anything I say, and use it against me.
3DS Code: 1547-5196-5136 (Yoru)
#62katellaPosted 2/2/2013 11:59:45 PM
Every non-royal sub-human and Ross. Mh... and PoR Sothe, yuck!
---
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic~
PSN: ScarletDevilI( L [undercase] + i [uppercase] )
#63RikkettikPosted 2/3/2013 12:06:49 AM
Renault. Hell, I even forget to recruit him most of the time. He offers too little, too late.

Edocsilomega posted...
Marisa, ewan, knoll.

Unless you spend vast amounts of time leveling them in the tower of valni, they suck complete ass.

Ewan can do fine if you get him to at least like 10/1 or 10/5 but if you don't get him there he's unusable completely. and marisa is a pain to recruit and just sucks for where she comes in at in the game, unless you level her.

And in drafts all three are just god awful.

I think Ewan and Marisa are great units. OK, Marisa suffers a bit because by the time you recruit her Joshua will be much stronger than her and it remains to be seen if she catches up. She does in most cases, but still, I can see why one would not bother with training her. Knoll is indeed a very mediocre character, but Ewan more than makes up for him. I'm currently doing Ephraim's route and his kicking ass as a Shaman! He's still only level 4 , but has stats comparable to units that are almost ready to promote. His magic stat is huge and his speed and skill are very respectable. He's a bit fragile, but that goes for every spell caster except, of course, Moulder the Boulder, so I don't hold that against him.

I agree that they can be a pain to get, especially Marisa in Ephraim's route (in Eirika's route... not so much), and training them is a challenge. Then again, FE8 is regarded as a relatively simple game, so isn't that kind of the point? Giving you something potentially awesome that you really have to work for? And hey, if you feel like training them during chapter battles is too much effort then you could always go to the Tower of Valni and clear out floor 1 a few times.
#64Model_OmegaPosted 2/3/2013 12:10:33 AM
Probably Ronan, he's an archer with a 15% strength growth, at least Marty can help capture enemies earlygame with his massive build, Ronan is a frail squishy archer that will never amount to anything without serious scroll abusing, and even then he's still outclassed by Robert.
---
Flak Jacket: Survive multiple rockets and grenades exploding by your feet, scratch from a knife to your shin insta-kills you, seems pretty legit.
#65OCShoesPosted 2/3/2013 12:15:45 AM
Makalov.

Good God, that MUG. I swear, Gonzalez from FE6 is prettier. Also, he corrupts Astrid. Poor, sweet, Astrid. One of the few units I'd say has negative utility as a personality.

Note: I'm aware this is about stats etc. and whatnot. I'm clearly not taking this seriously. inb4hate
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#66The Fir CoatPosted 2/3/2013 12:21:15 AM
Scout_Taron posted...
I forgot about Arden...It has to be him right? He just can't keep up

Arden can do fine against the prologue bandits. Wendy is One rounded by almost everything.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#67Scout_TaronPosted 2/3/2013 12:21:16 AM
Mage_Lord posted...
I'd say that Ardan is better than Meg

You'd be lucky if Ardan ever even fought an enemy.
#68Scout_TaronPosted 2/3/2013 12:21:44 AM
The Fir Coat posted...
Scout_Taron posted...
I forgot about Arden...It has to be him right? He just can't keep up

Arden can do fine against the prologue bandits. Wendy is One rounded by almost everything.

Except that your horses got there three turns ago...
#69DemiseEndPosted 2/3/2013 12:28:42 AM
OCShoes posted...
Makalov.

Good God, that MUG. I swear, Gonzalez from FE6 is prettier. Also, he corrupts Astrid. Poor, sweet, Astrid. One of the few units I'd say has negative utility as a personality.

Note: I'm aware this is about stats etc. and whatnot. I'm clearly not taking this seriously. inb4hate

But Gonzales is cute <3
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#70RyoKaibaPosted 2/3/2013 12:41:51 AM
Jeigan; he's so bad that the fans made an entire term for him:

Jeigan: (noun) A Pre-Promote that comes in and appears good at first, then ends up being rather horrible.
---
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV