It's Sunday, anybody knows if Gamestop has them in?

#11OmegChosenPosted 2/3/2013 2:27:19 PM
docman864 posted...
I don't mind waiting as I always expected the game to come out during the week. My main problem is how Gamestop handle the situation. They stated they have shipped the items, but retails haven't got them in yet. What are the trucks doing? Driving in circles? My main other concern is the free artbook because some employees just give them out for the hell of it. So what if it's only 16 pages? We preordered the game and those artbooks only belong us.

Maybe they were shipped together with the Dead Space 3 "Do not open until February 5th" boxes and all GameStops actually do have the game, they just don't know that they're all just under the Dead Space 3 games. And that's why GameStop is freaking out because they think they've somehow misplaced/lost their copies of Fire Emblem and Nintendo is scrambling to get extra orders in, which is delaying it in several places.

/incompetent conspiracy theory end
#12Dagdamor3725Posted 2/3/2013 2:30:17 PM
Called my local GameStop in Vancouver, WA today.

The employee's response to my question was, and I quote (seriously):

"We'll get them in on the 4th, but not until the 8th."

I asked what he meant by this.

He repeated that line.

So, he's saying he'll get them in on the 4th on the 8th? I don't know. I'm so lost.
---
PS3/Vita - Dagdamor3725
3DS - 5241-3238-1742 - Tony
#13ptreemf12Posted 2/3/2013 2:30:24 PM
Mine said I can pick mine up Tuesday if I preordered.

We will see though... If I don't get a call tomorrow about picking it up Tuesday, I'm going to call BS on that.
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#14OmegChosenPosted 2/3/2013 2:35:12 PM
Dagdamor3725 posted...
Called my local GameStop in Vancouver, WA today.

The employee's response to my question was, and I quote (seriously):

"We'll get them in on the 4th, but not until the 8th."

I asked what he meant by this.

He repeated that line.

So, he's saying he'll get them in on the 4th on the 8th? I don't know. I'm so lost.

Maybe it's a riddle?

4th word: in
8th word: but or not if you don't count 4th.

So...."We'll get them in on the in, but not until the but (or not)."

Yeah, never mind.

To be serious, maybe he meant they'll get them in on the 4th but they're not selling them until the 8th because they're evil. Or he's just incompetent or corporate gave them a line to say that was intentionally made vague and useless.
#15Dota2Posted 2/3/2013 2:46:06 PM
yup
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/i69CJZdsp3W1U.gif
#16pariah164Posted 2/3/2013 2:46:51 PM
My gamestop has no idea. :T
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#17Lord EphraimPosted 2/3/2013 2:49:41 PM
docman864 posted...
What are the trucks doing? Driving in circles?

Canadians hijacked them.
---
SNARGLEBLAGH
#18SeishinmahouPosted 2/3/2013 3:03:04 PM
The release date is really Sunday since its published by Nintendo.
The only reason that the game will be released on Monday, its because of the SuperBowl.

*Well thats my theory*

Its no big deal for me though. Nintendo really wanted to release the game as early as February, but the first Sunday of the month conflict with the SuperBowl event.
---
PSN: xtinqcion
http://www.youtube.com/user/Myanimexarts
#19KashelllPosted 2/3/2013 3:03:16 PM
damn glad im in Canada ive had mine since JA 29th was kinda shockd to come home to a phone call saying its in already
#20joossaPosted 2/3/2013 3:03:29 PM
I called mine yesterday. The woman I spoke to said they'll have it in on Monday. I'm going to stop by after work tomorrow. My boyfriend will also try to get his tomorrow, but he lives in a different area. It'll be interesting if one of us gets it and the other doesn't since we're not that far from each other.
---
"I spent the spring with my Pokemon. Then summer, fall and winter... Then spring came again."
-Sage Jeffrey