Best Balanced Asset/Flaw Combo?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Best Balanced Asset/Flaw Combo?
3 years ago#1
Looking to get a good combination that won't lock me into any one class. Looking at Skill/Resistance right now... but knowing how the assets/flaws alter in-game stats isn't altogether helpful, since I don't know how the in-game stats effect the actual game.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
3 years ago#2
Usually in fe, luck is the least important stat, followed by skill and resistance, depending on how many magic enemies are in that particular game. Speed is usually by far the most important, followed distantly by strength. Hp and defense round out the middle. Speed is important because doubling enemies is necessary if you want to kill them in one round. Also, speed is the primary component of avoid, which is very important.

That being said, i havent played awakening, so i dont know how much the new formulas and mechanics have affected this. For example, avoid used to be 2*speed +luck, but now it's only 1.5*speed +0.5 luck, making the avoid strategy less reliable ( and lcuk even more sucky than before)
---
A mathematician is simply a device for turning coffee into theorems.
3 years ago#3
Hm... so that makes it look like DEF is the best Flaw, as it detriments both RES and LCK.

So +SPD/-DEF or +STR/-DEF seem like the best combinations.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
3 years ago#4
I did magic as my flaw since I don't want to do magic at all. I think I'll do magic on another file.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.4ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning|MSI 890fxa|G.skill 1600mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
3 years ago#5
One thing to keep in mind is that the -DEF only reduces luck and res by 1, but it reduces def by 3, because while historically, strength is better than defense, it is not 3 times better. You would probably prefer to reduce str by 1 than def by 3. You could even make up the strength loss with your asset if you were worried. Something like +STR -LCK would be good. Or +SPD is good too

Edit: those numbers were for stat caps... Which is obviously less important than base stats and growths, so.... I dunno. Pick what you want. 5% difference in growths amounts to... Like 2 points over 40 level ups. Also, your flaw doesnt reduce your base stats for the side stats. -def doesnt reduce your luck base, for example

---
3 years ago#6
I recommend against using flaw:Magic,
You lose speed with it. As said before speed is the most important stat.
---
~Pokemon~
FC:2537 8652 0098
3 years ago#7
McTCM posted...
I recommend against using flaw:Magic,
You lose speed with it. As said before speed is the most important stat.

Yea but I made speed my strength~
---
FX 8150 @ 4.4ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning|MSI 890fxa|G.skill 1600mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
3 years ago#8
HP+/Lck- is probably most balanced. Going from the Grandmaster max caps

Str, Mag, Skl, Spd cap at 40, Lck at 44 and Def/Res at 42
---
Now I have this image of Sora's heart being a magical hospital. - Hikaru_Irving
3 years ago#9
What about +SPD/-RES? Is that a good balance combo? Or +SPD/-LUCK?
---
"Invoke... VIRUS SOUL!!!" ~ From my Virakins global manga project
Official Husband of Caster of the Fate/Extra boards
3 years ago#10
+spd -lck is good. The only problem is that over 40 levels, it reduces your str/mag by about 2. This is pretty negligible
---
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Best Balanced Asset/Flaw Combo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived