Lissa - Sage or War Cleric?

#1a_lil_monsterPosted 2/4/2013 7:22:49 AM
I'm leaning towards War Cleric because Renewal looks enticing, and I think it would funny having her run around with an axe...but I don't know. Any advice?

Also, got to say I love the amount of experience I get for healing. Lissa was my first character to level 10, and without any extra grinding either.
---
Now Playing: Halo 4, Skyrim, Pokemon Black 2
#2Alucard188(Moderator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:28:01 AM
Side-class her to Pegasus Knight and advance her to Dark Pegasus.
---
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx
#3a_lil_monster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:32:38 AM
I'm going to do that at some point, I figured it would be better to get the promoted skills first.
---
Now Playing: Halo 4, Skyrim, Pokemon Black 2
#4ExtremeGamer93Posted 2/4/2013 7:34:13 AM
I'm gonna go war cleric for the lulz of seeing Lissa swing an axe and healing.
#5Dragunov_ZeroPosted 2/4/2013 7:42:41 AM
Lissa's Str growths are a bit on the low side as a War Cleric (40% according to the Serenes Forest site) but her growths in general are well rounded up (40% to 50% for most stats except Def which is 25%), but she has better offensive Skills like Tomefaire (+5 to Magic if equipped with Tomes) as a Sage to compensate for lower overall growth rate except for Magic and Skill.

However, her overall stat caps as a War Cleric are lower so it's up to personal preference whether you want to dedicate yourself towards magic or play the role of a healing mage killer but I'd go for Sage personally even if the War Cleric class is appealing.
---
If life is suffering, then what does death bring?
#6RenRen245Posted 2/5/2013 9:51:01 AM(edited)
Personaly my Liss build is usually

Cleric 10>Peggy>Dark Flier>War Cleric.

Whit GaleForce and Renew you can have her run unto the fight, kill somebody, move out of the fight, heal somebody then let Renew heal any damage she got.

She's actually pretty godly whit that setup, espacilly whit a Bolt axe.
---
''A baby isen't like a golem, i can't make it all by myself !'' - Elena
#7Col_MobiusPosted 2/5/2013 9:54:25 AM
Yeah, with Lissa's okayish Str growth, it seems like it's easier to go Cleric - Peg Knight - Dark Flier.

If you don't want to do that, I'd say go Cleric - Sage - Dark Flier so you can use the tome levels she builds as a sage to level the Dark Flier.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#8violentvitoPosted 2/5/2013 1:01:29 PM
I had Lissa at level 20 on hard mode before I had the Master seal to promote her. So went war cleric at level 20 and shes a tank. She doubles everything and while not as strong as others she makes up for it with speed. Also she married Fredrick early and she pairs up as her rear. He makes her an unstoppable fighter basically, but she has the staffs to back herself up. I will be reclassing her later, but War cleric is a decent option for her imo.