I really hate smug employees

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/4/2013 6:01:17 PM
It's one thing to flat out get the information wrong, it's a whole other thing to act like a complete b****!

Just left Target and the lady filling in swore up and down that the street date for the game is tomorrow. I politely told her she was wrong but she just stared at me like she should give a s***.

Needless to say, I haven't been a fan of Target for a while and this just reinforces it.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#2SomaMaxwellPosted 2/4/2013 6:04:42 PM
The best buy employees were the worst. It took about five of them grouped around my preorder ticket to work through it. The one on the computer says " It came out on the first, another one looking at the ticket says "It lists the forth right here" A third is says there isn't any in the warehour and another is reading an email that says the game might be there by the seventh. The one i had orginally pulled aside to ask about it just kinda stared and sighed like i was a complete moron.

They wrote there number down and told me to call in the morning. And also to come by the seventh.

If i can get it from target or gamestop I will....reguardless of if i have a preorder or not.
---
Its hard being a mom!
#3russellohPosted 2/4/2013 6:07:21 PM
I just wear my EA Games or Rockstar clothes and hat, and watch the "smug" employees cry. For years I've given every Gamestop and Best Buy my business card, in case they were ever actually serious about leaving retail and actually working on the games they sell.

Out of maybe 45 employees, 4 actually contacted me- three of those were friends.

Retail sucks.

DEVELOPER FOREVER!
#4BLarkins111Posted 2/4/2013 6:10:57 PM
Most of the employees I talked to today were nice. Not very knowledgeable, but nice.

One of the Targets on my drive home was finally willing to sell me a copy.
---
PSN: Shankapotamus84
XBOX Live: GunnerOne 84
#5TakayaNorikoPosted 2/4/2013 6:13:14 PM
Burn down the store. It's the only way they'll ever learn.
---
Before you came, they were took care of it.
#6xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 6:55:28 PM
BLarkins111 posted...
Most of the employees I talked to today were nice. Not very knowledgeable, but nice.

One of the Targets on my drive home was finally willing to sell me a copy.

Yeah I'd settle for lack of knowledge any day of the week if the attitude is fine. All this lady had to do was simply say, "Sorry but unfortunately we're unable to sell the game as that's what we've been told."

Ah well, I might just end up downloading it from the eShop.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#7thatmovingbushPosted 2/4/2013 7:00:06 PM
russelloh posted...
I just wear my EA Games or Rockstar clothes and hat, and watch the "smug" employees cry. For years I've given every Gamestop and Best Buy my business card, in case they were ever actually serious about leaving retail and actually working on the games they sell.

Out of maybe 45 employees, 4 actually contacted me- three of those were friends.

Retail sucks.

DEVELOPER FOREVER!

what have you worked on?
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#8katellaPosted 2/4/2013 7:02:33 PM
Take it from a spoiled brat who used to work at target part-time just to pass time and get out; worst experience of my life. Ended up getting terminated for purposely failing a drug test :)
---
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic~
PSN: ScarletDevilI( L [undercase] + i [uppercase] )
#9ZarethKnyghtPosted 2/4/2013 7:02:55 PM
I'm glad I pre-ordered my game for a delivery. I got it before it's actual release date too :D
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Zareth - 4256 2465 9359
Student of Mewtwo, the true Badass of Pokemon.
#10Karil_the_cbowPosted 2/4/2013 7:11:21 PM
This whole situation is a big mess, I just got off the phone with my local GameStop and that said that they're not sure if they'll even get the game in this week, however, another gamestop 30 mins away said they'll have it tomorrow so I'm not even sure what to make of this anymore.