Coming back to Nintendo just for this game

#1Clouded_FatePosted 2/4/2013 7:28:54 PM
Haven't played a Nintendo game since the DS fat days and even then it was only for a little while. After seeing the hype that this game has gotten and the nostalgia that the it's brought back, I caved and pre-ordered the bundle. To be honest, I can't remember being this excited about a game since Pokémon Red.

Anyhow, I hope this game lives up to expectations.

/blogfaqs
---
Think you possess a higher IQ than the average GFaqs user? Click here to find out!
#2MoegittoPosted 2/4/2013 7:31:41 PM
I'm a Sony fan but I'll admit I won't ever abandon Nintendo, they have released some good games for both the 3DS and Wii. Out of all my systems, the Xbox 360 would be the first to go if something ever happened. This game is good, but if you have a regular 3DS I advise you to get a circle pad pro and resident evil revelations also.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#3Clouded_Fate(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:34:37 PM
For better or worse, the most recent handheld I have from Nintendo is the first gen DS. I'll look into those peripherals that you mentioned though. Never really got into Sony, I was more of a PC gamer myself.
---
Think you possess a higher IQ than the average GFaqs user? Click here to find out!
#4MoegittoPosted 2/4/2013 7:37:43 PM
Clouded_Fate posted...
For better or worse, the most recent handheld I have from Nintendo is the first gen DS. I'll look into those peripherals that you mentioned though. Never really got into Sony, I was more of a PC gamer myself.

The circle pad pro is a $20 attachment that adds a second analog stick to the REGULAR 3DS, if you get or have the 3DS XL then you're (me) kind of screwed. There are some good games on the 3DS that get overlooked because they aren't the typical Nintendo game. If you played Zelda 2 on the NES Adventure Time is exactly like that but with epic music, Tales of the Abyss is a great RPG that will last you around 40 hours, and the new Castlevania game on the 3DS is going to be great.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#5AlrediphPosted 2/4/2013 7:41:27 PM
Just downloaded this game last night, and I've been playing nearly non-stop since - however pathetic that may sound. To be honest, I had just recently bought the 3DS to play Monster Hunter 3 U with some friends and because it had a discount on Best Buy; MH3U isn't out yet, but I decided I might as well get the 3DS while it was 'cheap.'

Since I had just got the system, I thought I might as well look at what's available. I noticed this game and remembered that I used to like Sacred Stones on the GBA. Got hyped, waited for release, got it, and now I'm hooked.

A good game, if I ever played one.
#6russellohPosted 2/4/2013 7:45:13 PM
Mario Galaxy is the highest rated game in human history.

The World Ends With You is easily one of the 10 best RPGs of all time.

If you've stayed away from Nintendo for this long, I truly feel sorry for what you've missed.
#7dadkwasherePosted 2/4/2013 7:52:25 PM
Gta!!!
(Runs away)
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#8Clouded_Fate(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:53:22 PM
russelloh posted...
Mario Galaxy is the highest rated game in human history.

The World Ends With You is easily one of the 10 best RPGs of all time.

If you've stayed away from Nintendo for this long, I truly feel sorry for what you've missed.

Hahaha, very true. I blame Blizzard for all of that. I'm looking forward to playing not only FE:A but also catching up on some of those older titles.

And in regards to the cirlepro, I pre-ordered the bundle which comes with the special edition FE 3DS so it should be compatible.

It's great to have found a board with such a solid community.
---