Any point in waiting to marry characters?

#1Rone8822Posted 2/5/2013 5:57:36 PM
Does this influence the results of the child at all? I realize there is a lot of information out there but I did not see any information about whether there is a point to waiting or not. I will continue to search but I appreciate any helpful answers, thanks.
#2WolfTwiliPosted 2/5/2013 5:58:36 PM
no, the influence happens when you enter the chapter that gives you the child
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
3DS FC: 1461-6216-3909
#3spyke252Posted 2/5/2013 5:59:30 PM
Not really. It seems that the child is determined when you start the map, not when you marry.

But it might be beneficial from a min/max perspective to wait until you've done all your marriage-planning and support-gaining.
#4Rone8822(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:59:57 PM
Thank you! Do you automatically recruit the kid or can you do it whenever you wish?
#5RenRen245Posted 2/5/2013 6:04:01 PM
Rone8822 posted...
Thank you! Do you automatically recruit the kid or can you do it whenever you wish?

A new optional map opens up for every kid and you have to clear to in order to get them...tho not all the kids are easy to get some will fight you and you can accidently kill them before getting the right person to talk to them.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU CYNTHIA
---
''A baby isen't like a golem, i can't make it all by myself !'' - Elena
#6Rone8822(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:06:01 PM
RenRen245 posted...
Rone8822 posted...

A new optional map opens up for every kid and you have to clear to in order to get them...tho not all the kids are easy to get some will fight you and you can accidently kill them before getting the right person to talk to them.

lol ok, so the stats/abilities of the parents when you enter the map are what matters. Thanks everyone.
#7RenRen245Posted 2/5/2013 6:08:08 PM
Rone8822 posted...
RenRen245 posted...
Rone8822 posted...

lol ok, so the stats/abilities of the parents when you enter the map are what matters. Thanks everyone.

It took me 6 tries to get her on my first play...she's a peggy knight so just would just fly from accross the map , pick a fight whit a promoted unit and die instantly.

She even got killed by her father... twice.
---
''A baby isen't like a golem, i can't make it all by myself !'' - Elena
#8Rone8822(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:10:28 PM
Pretty funny that you can kill your own child in battle. Its like Oedipus....reversed.
#9spyke252Posted 2/5/2013 6:10:35 PM
RenRen245 posted...
Rone8822 posted...
RenRen245 posted...
Rone8822 posted...

It took me 6 tries to get her on my first play...she's a peggy knight so just would just fly from accross the map , pick a fight whit a promoted unit and die instantly.

She even got killed by her father... twice.

Did you try baiting by taking away the unit's weapons? Pair up makes this fairly easy.