Casual isn't the problem, grinding is.

#1MarthMoopaPosted 2/5/2013 8:46:54 PM
Grinding lets even the worst player get to a point, through mindless spamming of the Blitz auto in low-level encounters with all skips on, where they can then simply blitz the entire campaign.

Remember when games required effort to win? Now Fire Emblem has been reduced to an "auto" button thanks to infinite grinding.

The next game better not have this garbage.
#2kukingina2Posted 2/5/2013 8:48:41 PM(edited)
you must be playing on normal

its pretty hard to grind in lunatic when the device for activating random encounters costs a fortune
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#3BTzzPosted 2/5/2013 8:48:20 PM
I missed the part where it forces you to do that.

Why the hell do you care how other people play the game? Play however you think is best.
#4MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:49:46 PM

Please read the full topic.
#5im_boredPosted 2/5/2013 8:49:58 PM
And yet both grinding and casual mode are completely avoidable for the players that do not want to partake in it.
Fancy that, it's almost as though they put some thought into it. It's as though they have this crazy notion that more options open up the game to a wider demographic thus increasing sales and ensuring future installments of the series.
---
I'm not your bro, bro.
#6BTzzPosted 2/5/2013 8:50:18 PM
MarthMoopa posted...

Please read my full post.
#7MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:51:23 PM
And yet both grinding and casual mode are completely avoidable for the players that do not want to partake in it.
Fancy that, it's almost as though they put some thought into it. It's as though they have this crazy notion that more options open up the game to a wider demographic thus increasing sales and ensuring future installments of the series.

Read the full topic, kiddos.

Being able to ignore it doesn't get rid of the fact that the worst players trivialize every ounce of challenge that could possibly be in the game. Games are not supposed to be free rides, they are supposed to be games.
#8MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:51:36 PM
MarthMoopa posted...

Please read my full post.

I did

You need to read my topic fully.
#9Realist2615Posted 2/5/2013 8:52:42 PM
I see what you mean about grinding on Casual.

My question is; On a no-repeat/bookmark Insanity run with Classic settings, would you consider it legit? Or is it still a win button?

I plan to play through the game that way later on, which is why I ask. At the moment, it seems like any grinding you got on Insanity with those settings is something earned. But I haven't played it yet, like I said, so who knows.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, FFXIII-2, LoZ Skyward Sword, NSMB2, SMB3DL, Tales of the Abyss 3D, Valkyria Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles
#10NobleRoarPosted 2/5/2013 8:53:21 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
I did

You need to read my topic fully.

your topic sucks
---
#NobleCertified