Armsthrift Activation

#1Col_MobiusPosted 2/6/2013 5:46:46 AM
Is there any way to know when Armsthrift is activating? I can't seem to see it do anything special, but I know it works when I check my weapon uses and they don't go down.

Are other skills like this as well?
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#2LookAnglePosted 2/6/2013 5:47:37 AM
Armsthrift has no animation, as it doesn't interefere with other skills, like Ignis or Astra.
#3Brady672_AT_fanPosted 2/6/2013 5:57:23 AM(edited)
It's activation is (the charActer's luck stat)*2

So if you have 40 luck, you'll activate Armsthrift 80% of the time.

Other skills that work this way:

Despoil (obtain money from an enemy upon defeat
Miracle (retain 1hp of health when receiving a fatal blow if you have unproven a certain point of hp)

The only thing different about those two is that their activation rate is (the character's luck stat)

Note, that for those two you don't have the division, so if you have a luck stat of 40, you'll activate Despoil 40% of the time.

Hope that's clear enough.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#4zelosjrPosted 2/6/2013 5:55:04 AM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
It's activation is (the charActer's luck stat)/2

So if you have 40 luck, you'll activate Armsthrift 20% of the time.

Miracle (retain 1hp of health when receiving a fatal blow if you have unproven a certain point of hp)

The only thing different about those two is that their activation rate is (the character's luck stat)

Note, that for those two you don't have the division, so if you have a luck stat of 40, you'll activate Despoil 40% of the time.

It's luck TIMES 2, not divided by 2.
#5jonnovision1Posted 2/6/2013 5:55:26 AM

they're asking if there's some type of action or notification that tells you when Armsthrift activates, not what determines it.

also armsthrift is luckx2 not luck/2, so 40 luck would be 80% chance to activate.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#6Brady672_AT_fanPosted 2/6/2013 5:56:49 AM
jonnovision1 posted...

they're asking if there's some type of action or notification that tells you when Armsthrift activates, not what determines it.

also armsthrift is luckx2 not luck/2, so 40 luck would be 80% chance to activate.

Ooooooooooooooh.

That's much better than... I'll go an fix that now.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#7DemiseEndPosted 2/6/2013 6:06:49 AM
So its essentialy flying around 20-30% rate during main game

.....yeah
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#8LookAnglePosted 2/6/2013 6:26:49 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
So its essentialy flying around 20-30% rate during main game

.....yeah

More like 40-70 by the last third of the game.
#9Col_Mobius(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:47:09 AM
jonnovision1 posted...

Yeah, sorry, this is correct. I guess for gameplay reasons it's nice that it doesn't activate and take up space that could be used for other skills, but I still wish there were some notification that it was happening at the time it happens.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968