New-ish to Fire Emblem.

#1Marioguy5Posted 2/6/2013 8:00:07 AM
I'm really into strategy games, and seeing as this looks super highly-rated, I'm obviously interested. The only other Fire Emblem game I've played is Sacred Stones (on Ambassador program). How does this game compare to that? And why exactly is this game so good? How long will it last me? Is the DLC good? Thanks!
---
If you are a Jesus Freak and 100% proud of it, put this as your signature. I am also a young-earth creationist, and I watch MLP:FiM.
Haters gonna hate!
#2Marioguy5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:52:09 AM
Bump.
---
If you are a Jesus Freak and 100% proud of it, put this as your signature. I am also a young-earth creationist, and I watch MLP:FiM.
Haters gonna hate!
#3TriforceBunPosted 2/6/2013 10:10:20 AM
If you're really into SRPGs already, this should be right up your alley.

I was in the same boat with this series--only played SS, made the plunge and bought FE:A. It's excellent, though, and I'm enjoying it more the further I get.

I'd say what sets it apart from Sacred Stones is a combination of gameplay refinements and presentational tweaks. The gameplay is streamlined and as clear as possible, giving way to a lot of potential strategies for the maps and remaining noticeably challenging even on the lowest difficulty. New elements add a lot more options for tacticians to consider (such as pairing up), and the refined support system really gives the characters a chance to help each other out and minimize bad luck.

For the second note, the cast really shines through some terrific writing and well-rounded characterization. The support conversations that you can unlock are charming, plentiful, and would take several playthroughs (dozens?) to see them all. The game's visuals are clear and have a nice style to them, while the music is consistently strong as well. There are also a number of sidequests to embark on, breaking up the traditionally linear feel of games like this.

I highly recommend it. It's also cool to see another Christian here.
---
My Kirby/Smash comics: www.brawlinthefamily.com
Mother 3 = Game of the Year 2006