does donnel promote?

#1ValinxxPosted 2/6/2013 10:24:16 AM
was wondering if he has a promotion, or if i should mainly use him to give his skill to his child?
#2Col_MobiusPosted 2/6/2013 10:25:07 AM
Valinxx posted...
was wondering if he has a promotion, or if i should mainly use him to give his skill to his child?

Change his class ASAP. Villager goes to 30 with no promotion and is terrible.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#3keybladesora247Posted 2/6/2013 10:26:53 AM
He should promote to Village Chief. With a skill that makes his growths even more awesome.
---
Official Hubert Ozwell of the Tales of Graces F Board
PSN: VenTheGale
#4Valinxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:29:53 AM
how do you class change?
#5keybladesora247Posted 2/6/2013 11:59:21 AM
Valinxx posted...
how do you class change?

You use an item called a Second Seal. It allows the character to change into a class from a predetermined set that's dependent on which character it is.
---
Official Hubert Ozwell of the Tales of Graces F Board
PSN: VenTheGale
#6PnoyjinchuurikiPosted 2/8/2013 4:19:15 PM
LOL!!! VILLAGER CHIEF doesn't exist lmao.

You can change anyone's class at Level 10 using a Second Seal or Master Seal. You can buy these seals from shops or from the merchant's that pop out once in a while, but sometimes you can find them from battle grounds either on the floor or the villages.

Before reclassing you should always Max out their levels first because if you don't you sacrifice extra levels that would've made you character WAY stronger. For Donnel you need a second seal to change him to either a Fighter or a Mercenary. If you get him all the way up to his max Level of 30 like I did you unlock the ability to change his class straight to a Warrior, Bow Knight, or Hero using just a Second Seal. There's one more class he can change into, and that class is a Demon Fighter. You need a Demon Fighter Scroll to change him to this class. The only way to get the Demon Fighter Scroll is to get it from a DLC that isn't out yet.

If you're wondering Donell is totally worth the time. His first skill Aptitude adds 20% to each stats odds of increasing at level up. Which means he has more of a chance of having a PERFECT LEVEL UP(Meaning +1 on every stat upon leveling up). His chance of leveling up HP is 85%, but His Aptitude skill increases that chance to 105%. So that means there's a 100% chance he levels up HP on every level, but the badass part about that 105% is that that extra 5% gives him a 5% chance of getting a +2 level up on HP. I looked all of this up on the Fire Emblem wiki. The wiki doesn't even mention the chance of a +2 level up on HP, but trust me it is all true because it happened to me when I leveled up Donnel one time, and he leveled up every stat +1, none for Res :(, but the +2 HP made up for that.

Here's a little tip from me. I don't know if anyone does this, but what I started to do with Donnel is that whenever I farm battles using Pr. Marth's DLC map at the Outrealm Gate I try to get his exp to a point where he just needs to kill one person. For example: I get him to about 90% exp. Once you get to that point where you just need to kill off one more person for a level up I let my other characters finish off the battle. I then save my game at the Outrealm Gate. Then I go into another battle using the the same DLC map
again. I then let Donnel Kill the first opponent so he can level up, and if his stat growths aren't up to my expectations I soft reset the game, go back battle the DLC map again and repeat this process until I am satisfied. I try to get perfect level ups, but I'm fine if he just misses one stat. Two or more I soft reset.

If you want Donnel to be and OVERPOWERED BEAST, you have to take the time to nurture him to be able to get him to perform at his fullest literally. If I keep going at my pace, hopefully I'll have all his stats maxed out as a Demon Fighter. Lastly, I want to repeat don't be too hasty when it comes to reclassing. ALWAYS MAX OUT characters BEFORE RECLASSING them if you want them to be at their strongest. PATIENCE is VIRTUE when it comes to Fire Emblem. You will be rewarded for your patience.

My Donnel's Current stats as a Level 30 Villager are:
HP-49
Str-21(Maxed)
Mag-13
Skill-19(Maxed)
Spd-19(Maxed)
Lck-33(Maxed)
Def-21(Maxed)
Res-13

Here's his stats if I change him to either of these classes starting at Level 1:

Level 1 Warrior:
HP-61
Str-32
Mag-13
Skill-26
Spd-25
Lck-33
Def-27
Res-16

Level 1 Hero:
HP-55
Str-28
Mag-14
Skill-29
Spd-28
Lck-33
Def-28
Res-16

Level 1 Bow Knight:
HP-57
Str-28
Mag-13
Skill-28
Spd-28
Lck-33
Def-26
Res-15

Level 1 Fighter:
HP-53
Str-28
Mag-13
Skill-23
Spd-23
Lck-33(Maxed)
Def-24
Res-13

Level 1 Mercenary:
HP-51
Str-25
Mag-13
Skill-26
Spd-25(Maxed)
Lck-33(Maxed)
Def-25
Res-13

Level 1 Demon Fighter:
STATS TBD
#7KalanyrPosted 2/8/2013 6:25:58 PM
Actually for classes that can't promote (due to being already promoted or 30 level classes) you should get out of them as soon as you get the last skill (well the next even level after they get their last skill including the one they got the skill on to be technical).

Its only the promotion from prepromote to second class that has level 10 and level 20 have the same long term effects, because the Master Seal overrides your internal level to be 21 anyway.
#8alexchernPosted 2/8/2013 6:34:39 PM
Dude. Why are you leveling Donnel villager all the way to 30? The level caps of villagers are really low.

You want to reclass him either at lvl 10 or 15, depending on how bad you want the Underdog skill.
---
FC BLACK
4040 5313 0933
#9y3kmanPosted 2/8/2013 6:36:59 PM
Ideally, Donnel should be promoted at LV15 Villager when he gets his last skill. Some people might argue that you don't even need this skill if you're just going to grind his levels. I *think* if he promotes at LV30, he gains access immediately to promoted classes.

I already stopped using Donnel coz I felt like I'm just relying on him too much. I guess it's my fault for excessively grinding. He's benched forever. Did I mention I'm just at Chapter 10 (hard)? >_>

LV16 Villager -> LV20 Merc -> LV20 Hero

The guy could solo all maps including the Spotpass teams. Who's your god now Nergal, Eliwood, Ephraim, etc.? Hahaha!
---
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6997-7741 ; PSN: y3kman
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS), Dead or Alive 5 (PS3)
#10PnoyjinchuurikiPosted 2/9/2013 10:00:12 AM
I'm on chapter 9 hard/classic. I don't have to change him to warrior, hero, or bow knight you know. I can just change him to mercenary, get another 20 levels on him, and that'll be a total of 50 LEVELS. I'll for sure maximize the skills for that class, and then I'll change him to either a Warrior, Hero, Bow Knight, or a Demon Fighter. I'll then max their levels and have like:

HP-80
Str-45+
Mag-29+(although this stat is only useful for Demon Fighter)
Skill-40+
Spd-39+
Lck-48
Def-40+
Res-30+

I'm not losing any levels for getting him to Level 30. I don't care about the villager skills lol. If I would have changed him at lvl 10 or lvl 15 then I wouldn't have that many maxed out stats on him. Reclassing that early lessens your chance of having a Maxed out character. You guys act like I'm gonna lose levels for getting him to Level 30, although you guys are the ones that are missing out on levels cause when ever you reclass you ALWAYS start at LEVEL 1. I got him to Level 30 so I maximize my chances of having a MAXED OUT DEMON FIGHTER. I'm not as HASTY as you guys lol.

The basic rules of Levels in Fire Emblem is: MORE LEVELS>Less Levels :P
I'm a veteran of the Fire Emblem series so I learned to utilize every level I could get.

I'm not trying to beat the game as fast as I can. I just want to be able to have a MAXED OUT Demon Fighter on my Spot Pass team that way I can have an UNSTOPPABLE FORCE. I already have like 8+ characters maxed out. I want to be strong enough to Rape Hector's Army.

Here's what my MAXED OUT stats would be for Donnel as a Demon Figther:
HP-80
Str-43
Mag-37(Demon Fighters can use Tomes)
Skill-39
Spd-40
Lck-48
Def-40
Res-42

This is what my Donnel will be capable of if I continue to go through with my methods of not reclassing to early. When my Donnel is MAXED he'll probably be able to RAPE you whole team on Spotpass Single Handedly.

So in the end, MORE LEVELS FTW!