when does donnel stop leveling up?

#11spyke252Posted 2/6/2013 12:06:31 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
why should i have reclassed him at level 10? that's stupid. nobody who has ever played a fire emblem would ever do that. you reclass/promote your units once they reach the maximum level, so that way they get as many growths as possible.

unless... for some reason its impossible to reclass him once he reaches level 30?

In this game, you can reclass as often as you want, but exp gains decrease based on leveling.

If you don't care about the level 15 skill, then reclassing at 10 is most definitely the best idea- villager has horrible growths, so he's not gaining much during the levelups from 10-30; you're not losing anything for doing it- you will hit your caps before getting all skills anyway; and you would be losing something for not doing it- exp.
#12Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:14:04 PM
changed his class at level 30 just now to mercenary. the dude has the stats of an FE 7 capped hero already.

you guys are noobs, lol. who cares if it takes longer to level up, i'm going to have to level him up regardless eventually, right?
#13spyke252Posted 2/6/2013 1:15:51 PM

you guys are noobs, lol. who cares if it takes longer to level up, i'm going to have to level him up regardless eventually, right?

This is kind of ignorant.
With Aptitude, Donnel is going to cap his stats before you gain all the skills. Meaning those levels you just gained were wasted.
#14WinsagePosted 2/6/2013 1:16:16 PM
Sponge7137 posted...
Winsage posted...
30. You should have stopped at 10 and reclassed him.

15 My friend, or else he won't learn underdog, really useful skill

He doesn't need it. Keeping him as a villager for those extra 5 levels is a complete waste of time.
#15WinsagePosted 2/6/2013 1:17:49 PM
why should i have reclassed him at level 10? that's stupid. nobody who has ever played a fire emblem would ever do that. you reclass/promote your units once they reach the maximum level, so that way they get as many growths as possible.

unless... for some reason its impossible to reclass him once he reaches level 30?

Because even if you reclass him at 10, he'll cap 5 stats and come within a couple points of the other 3 on his first go.
#16RenRen245Posted 2/6/2013 1:17:53 PM
changed his class at level 30 just now to mercenary. the dude has the stats of an FE 7 capped hero already.

Because by the time you did this you could have level him up into 2 full different classes and already have 3-4 new skills on him.

The game retains a internal level cap which means donnell will now level slower as his new class then he would have if you changed him at level 10 meaning you will have to waste that much more time grinding to get skills you could already have.
---
''A baby isen't like a golem, i can't make it all by myself !'' - Elena
#17Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:19:59 PM
RenRen245 posted...
Because by the time you did this you could have level him up into 2 full different classes and already have 3-4 new skills on him.

i'm in no rush. slow and steady wins the race.

and whats this about skills being harder to obtain? elaborate please.
#18AlekxanderPosted 2/6/2013 1:24:40 PM
RenRen245 posted...

i'm in no rush. slow and steady wins the race.

and whats this about skills being harder to obtain? elaborate please.
They mean it will take longer to level, making the skills take more time to obtain. Harder in terms of time investment, not game difficulty.
#19Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:25:51 PM
is that all? =/

thats not really a big deal. its not like im on a time limit and have to get him fully leveled in the next hour.
#20GreyfeldPosted 2/6/2013 1:54:58 PM
is that all? =/

thats not really a big deal. its not like im on a time limit and have to get him fully leveled in the next hour.

If you don't care, then why are you even asking about it?
---
PSN - Aevio
"I'm on a Goomba." - BlackMageJawa