Alternative solution to Casual vs Classic

#1Puzzles99Posted 2/6/2013 1:56:53 PM
Dislike how Casual doesn't punish sloppy gameplay?
Dislike the perma-death/restarting in Classic mode?

Try playing Casual with self-enforced Hospital rules.

If a character dies in battle, you are not allowed to use that character in combat for x number of battles. This punishes you for poor troop placement or kamikaze charging with your troops while still allowing you to not miss out on any conversations between characters in the barracks; aka the characters are just visiting whoever the injured troop is.

You can alter the battle penalty based on if you are the type of person who just plays straight through the story chapters or someone who likes to grind map battles or DLC.

You can also add in that all equipped items on the injured character must be tossed, or sold, as if they were looted by the enemy who injured them.

I realize there is still the stigma of saying you play on "casual" so you still won't get to sit at the cool kid table at lunch, but in a game with unlimited stat growth through reclassing, difficulty is sort of trivial anyway and more a matter of how much time is sunk post chapter 4.
#2SkriblZzPosted 2/6/2013 2:04:56 PM
Puzzles99 posted...

If a character dies in battle, you are not allowed to use that character in combat for x number of battles. This punishes you for poor troop placement or kamikaze charging with your troops while still allowing you to not miss out on any conversations between characters in the barracks; aka the characters are just visiting whoever the injured troop is.

You can alter the battle penalty based on if you are the type of person who just plays straight through the story chapters or someone who likes to grind map battles or DLC.

You can also add in that all equipped items on the injured character must be tossed, or sold, as if they were looted by the enemy who injured them.

I realize there is still the stigma of saying you play on "casual" so you still won't get to sit at the cool kid table at lunch, but in a game with unlimited stat growth through reclassing, difficulty is sort of trivial anyway and more a matter of how much time is sunk post chapter 4.

The ONLY reason I am playing casual is the save feature. I am not playing a handheld with long battles and not be able to save when I need to.
---
PSN: Skribz666 | Xbox Live: SkriblZz | Nintendo Network: SkriblZz
#3NeonDragon9000Posted 2/6/2013 2:06:58 PM
Or you could just play Classic and not play Casual if it bothers you.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#4NeonDragon9000Posted 2/6/2013 2:07:45 PM
Also anyone who honestly looks down on someone else playing "Casual" mode is just a sad person to begin with.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#5ShiningHunterPosted 2/6/2013 2:08:34 PM
sloppy gameplay is my specialty lol
---
Well excuuuuuuuusse me, Princess!!!!
#6yoshifanPosted 2/6/2013 2:35:10 PM
SkriblZz posted...
Puzzles99 posted...

The ONLY reason I am playing casual is the save feature. I am not playing a handheld with long battles and not be able to save when I need to.

Classic has the bookmark save feature as well. It just deletes the quick save when you continue from that point.
---
Muffins!
#7darkshadows357Posted 2/6/2013 2:36:22 PM
yoshifan posted...
SkriblZz posted...
Puzzles99 posted...

Classic has the bookmark save feature as well. It just deletes the quick save when you continue from that point.

^ this
---
*was hoping Jiggly's FS involved a marker and singing =[*
Note to self: Love is not a battle stat. GT: Synaesthesic
#8SkriblZzPosted 2/6/2013 2:42:46 PM
darkshadows357 posted...
yoshifan posted...
SkriblZz posted...
Puzzles99 posted...

^ this

Oh. Then Hard Classic it is. Thanks.
---
PSN: Skribz666 | Xbox Live: SkriblZz | Nintendo Network: SkriblZz
#9KieronsimatoPosted 2/6/2013 2:52:41 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Or you could just play Classic and not play Casual if it bothers you.

His point is that Classic has permanent death. I personally enjoy this and actually plan to use this kind of method.
#10Puzzles99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:57:20 PM
Just Saiyan