Still not sure about getting this game

#1Turbo_TRexPosted 2/6/2013 3:53:35 PM
I've never played a FE game before (still haven't touched the Ambassador game) and I don't like to jump into a series part way through, but I've heard that this game is good and that most of the games in the series are stand-alone. I might just get the Digital version, but then I've also heard something bout an artbook. What's that about?
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#2FlyingDeCowPosted 2/6/2013 3:54:35 PM
The artbook was a preorder bonus.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#3WestbrickIIIPosted 2/6/2013 3:58:09 PM
Don't worry about jumping in; the story in this game stands on its own. All you need to know ahead of time: there was once a king called Marth who ruled the land. He's long been dead.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#4RadiantBitsPosted 2/6/2013 4:00:16 PM
As stated above, the art book is a pre order bonus from Gamestop. Its a really nice quality art book for a pre order bonus but its only 12-16 pages (I don't know the pages exactly). Though the art book is a sample from the Knight of Iris art book in Japan (about 300+ pages?). You can import it but its pretty expensive. I ordered the art book from CD Japan and it should be coming in soon. You could also buy it from Hobby Search if you'd like.. Just don't order the art book from Ebay cause the sellers sell it for a looot more than what you pay to import it (total was $68 for me to import).
#5Sain_of_CaelinPosted 2/6/2013 4:00:42 PM
It's still that release time mania, if you're not crazy about it already then just wait. As far as jumping into a series midway: this game isn't connected hugely in plot. There are a lot of winks to older players, especially in the DLC though. If I was you I would start playing FE8, the ambassador game. See how it treats you. If you love it, get this. If you hate it, don't. If it just seems a bit dated with good core gameplay, this might work for you, it's a very accessible FE.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/sainthegoo
https://www.youtube.com/user/VicariousBrian/videos?view=1&flow=grid
#6Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:41:43 PM(edited)
The only other thing for me is the DLC. There's a free one out right now right? How long is that going to be free? If I decided that I want the game I should get it sooner than later.

(EDIT)
There's one other thing actually. This game supports and encourages multiple playthroughs right? Does it keep track of which difficulty settings you clear it on? Like in Metroid Prime 3, there are dots on your Save File that get filled in when you clear Normal, Veteran, and Hypermode difficulties. Does this game have that sort of thing too? I tried the Demo and would not want to feel compelled to clear it on Hard mode, that was brutal.

---
#7Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:07:57 PM
bump

Anyone?
---
#8helldewPosted 2/6/2013 8:10:39 PM
There's one other thing actually. This game supports and encourages multiple playthroughs right? Does it keep track of which difficulty settings you clear it on? Like in Metroid Prime 3, there are dots on your Save File that get filled in when you clear Normal, Veteran, and Hypermode difficulties. Does this game have that sort of thing too? I tried the Demo and would not want to feel compelled to clear it on Hard mode, that was brutal.

really mutiple playthroughs are up to you. there are mutiple difficulty settings but once is more then enough.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#9Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:32:25 PM
^That doesn't really answer my question.

And you really should use the Quote button or at least quotation marks when quoting someone.
---
#10AmendythPosted 2/6/2013 8:34:21 PM
Go to the Nintendo Shop with your DS and download the demo. Two battles should be enough for you to figure out if you find it fun or not.