Still not sure about getting this game

#11Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:17:16 AM
I'd still like to get my 2 questions answered before I can make my decision. How long will the free DLC be free, and does the game keep a record of clearing it on a certain difficulty level?
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#12Sain_of_CaelinPosted 2/7/2013 10:12:52 AM
I'd still like to get my 2 questions answered before I can make my decision. How long will the free DLC be free, and does the game keep a record of clearing it on a certain difficulty level?

March 1st I believe. I'm not sure what you mean by keep a record.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/sainthegoo
https://www.youtube.com/user/VicariousBrian/videos?view=1&flow=grid
#13Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:35:22 PM
^I already said what I meant by that.

Turbo_TRex posted...

(EDIT)
There's one other thing actually. This game supports and encourages multiple playthroughs right? Does it keep track of which difficulty settings you clear it on? Like in Metroid Prime 3, there are dots on your Save File that get filled in when you clear Normal, Veteran, and Hypermode difficulties. Does this game have that sort of thing too? I tried the Demo and would not want to feel compelled to clear it on Hard mode, that was brutal.

---
#14DogscratchPosted 2/7/2013 12:45:04 PM
Turbo_TRex posted...
The only other thing for me is the DLC. There's a free one out right now right? How long is that going to be free? If I decided that I want the game I should get it sooner than later.

(EDIT)
There's one other thing actually. This game supports and encourages multiple playthroughs right? Does it keep track of which difficulty settings you clear it on? Like in Metroid Prime 3, there are dots on your Save File that get filled in when you clear Normal, Veteran, and Hypermode difficulties. Does this game have that sort of thing too? I tried the Demo and would not want to feel compelled to clear it on Hard mode, that was brutal.

Once you clear the game on Lunatic it opens up Lunatic+, while not a 3 dot solution, or a notation on a particular file it does at least indicate it has been beaten on the hardest difficulty. Note as well that Lunatic/Casual will not open Lunatic+/Classic, only Lunatic+/Casual is opened.

So if you do get through it on the most difficult setting, you can just commit to a more sadistic means of torture :)
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#15Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:15:49 PM
^That's just as bad! An unlockable means that I'd feel compelled to unlock it! I've never played this series before, I had a bit of a hard time just on Hard mode.
---
#16Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:29:30 PM
Oh fine, I'll get it. Just started Sacred Stones and it seems fun, so I'll give it a go. I'll see if I can find it retail, but I have a backlog, so there's no rush.
---
#17Super SlashPosted 2/8/2013 1:31:27 PM
The DLC is free until March 6th.