Donnel is THAT character.

#12wingedangelPosted 2/6/2013 7:00:07 PM
That one unit in every game (or at least that I've played) who sucks terribly at first, but becomes one of the best in the entire game.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#2jayman7Posted 2/6/2013 7:01:25 PM
Well, best for a portion of the game, at least. You can actually use Donnel to create a BETTER character... but if you don't know about that I won't spoil it any further.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3zelosjrPosted 2/6/2013 7:03:24 PM
2wingedangel posted...
That one unit in every game (or at least that I've played) who sucks terribly at first, but becomes one of the best in the entire game.

Actually, donnel is still one of the worst at the end of the game. His class options aren't particularly impressive and he has some of the worst max-stat mods in the game.
That's not even accounting for the fact that you have to babysit him and he's a huge xp leech early on, providing no worthwhile returns until you've class-changed him.

Donnel isn't worth using on anything higher than normal.
#4EndgamePosted 2/6/2013 7:03:25 PM
lolno

Donnel has more negative stat caps than anyone else, he's only "the best" to people who can't get it through their heads that caps are what matter in this game, not growth rates

everyone has high growth rates in this game anyway
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#52wingedangel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:04:18 PM
jayman7 posted...
Well, best for a portion of the game, at least. You can actually use Donnel to create a BETTER character... but if you don't know about that I won't spoil it any further.

*pushes Donnel and Anna's face together*

KISS, DAMN YOU!
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#6Cheesepower5Posted 2/6/2013 7:06:22 PM
Actually, in the long run Donnel will be your worst character. He has a poor selection of classes and low stat cap modifiers, which both mean a lot more than growths in a game with infinite grinding.

That said, he's not totally useless. He, Gaius and a male Avatar are the only guys who can give Nowi, Sully and Tharja's daughters access to the Pegasus Knight class when paired with them.
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
Currently playing: Catherine and Far Cry 3
#7Huff n puff 20Posted 2/9/2013 3:55:09 AM
Endgame posted...
lolno

Donnel has more negative stat caps than anyone else, he's only "the best" to people who can't get it through their heads that caps are what matter in this game, not growth rates

everyone has high growth rates in this game anyway

THIS. THIS. THIS.
THIS. THIS. THIS.

---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#8ZexxCrinePosted 2/9/2013 4:10:29 AM
I think you guys are missing a very important detail. Who cares if he doesn't endgame well. Even if you never use him, his kids will endgame very well with that aptitude.
#9Huff n puff 20Posted 2/9/2013 4:14:18 AM(edited)
ZexxCrine posted...
I think you guys are missing a very important detail. Who cares if he doesn't endgame well. Even if you never use him, his kids will endgame very well with that aptitude.

Except he's a nerf due to bad caps, and there's better things to pass on than Aptitude.

GROWTH RATES DON'T MEAN A DAMN THING.

---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#10DarkHeroRavenPosted 2/9/2013 4:14:42 AM
And then you realise his cap mods are balls and he'll be gimping his kids badly

Why are you all so hung up on growths, growths, growths?
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian