My first fire emblem game

#1drew3605Posted 2/6/2013 7:04:40 PM
I have two questions. This is my first fire emblem game and im confused about some stuff, im only on chapter three so sorry if these are things addressed later on in the game.
1-how do you use skills i cannot figure it out!
2-how do you know what weapons a person can use i have a ton of random weapons and i dont know who to give them to.
Thanks!
---
PSN-ANDREW_3605... Only have vita
XBL-ANDREW3605
#2helldewPosted 2/6/2013 7:06:28 PM
Skills activate mostly at random. some like rally skills must be used those are kinda obvious. click the skill on the touch screen in battle to check its activation.

weapons show on your characters bottom right. It will show the weapon and a Rank of A-E. every weapon has a required rank so just because your an archer you can use rank A bows until you rank up your bow skill Via usage to use it.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#3Iffy_JotterePosted 2/6/2013 7:08:46 PM
drew3605 posted...
1-how do you use skills i cannot figure it out!

Skills will automatically activate where they apply. Panne's even rhythm, for example, kicks in automatically every even turn, giving +10 to hits and dodging.

2-how do you know what weapons a person can use i have a ton of random weapons and !

In the lower left corner of the screen when you select a unit, you'll see a tiny weapon icon with a letter and a bar. this is the weapons proficiency. It tells you what weapons the character can use, and which ones they can. Every weapon has a letter rank. they can use any weapon of that type, that rank or below, alphabetically.
---
"The wages of sin is death... but the hours are good." ---Psycrow, Earthworm Jim cartoon