Why is Sacred Stones so hated?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Why is Sacred Stones so hated?
3 years ago#11
I actually liked being able to grind outside of the main chapters... I had tons of trouble getting strong, promoted characters in FE7.
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
3 years ago#12
Yeah, I don't really care about grinding. Hell, it should be an option in all SRPGs.

I think the only SRPG I enjoyed that disallowed grinding was Vandal Hearts -- and even then you could "grind" levels with an exploit.
The sauce is weak with this one. But...if he could be churned, he would make a powerful stir-fry.
3 years ago#13
I enjoyed it. The game was a bit easy, but it was very fun. It has the same map system as awakening, and that was pretty cool. The characters were also likable >.<
There's blood on the street,its up to my ankles~
3 years ago#14
I thought it was good if you kept grinding to a minimum, much like this game.

I used it to give the recruit units a decent base then played normally. It was definitely easier, but by no means bad. It's a great intro to the series as well, if you're looking to recommend a friend try the series out.
3 years ago#15
It did quite a few things right: open map, infinite grinding with the towers, branched promotions. But overall, the map, character, story, and difficulty quality was all toned way down from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, the first GBA game to come to America.
It's like every topic you post in becomes filled with either sensual energy or "pent up sexual frustration". ~ SurfingVaporeon, on DoctorPiranha3
3 years ago#16
It's too easy. You can beat the game using pre-promotes and promoting all your units at level 10, though it's harder that way. I'll admit it's a good entry for new players, and Ephraim's route is fairly challenging compared to Eirika's.
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV
3 years ago#17
I don't understand how anyone could bash SUCKred Stones yet love Awakening (especially for the lack of difficulty), really

I mean..... really, SS had more thought put into its chapter design
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
3 years ago#18
Every Fire Emblem game is easy. I mean granted I've never played above the medium difficulty, but every game can be beaten by using only a few characters throughout the whole game. Yes, for all the English ones but Blazing Sword, it was very easy to add a bunch of overpowered characters via grinding, but the games have always been easy if you play them that way. This game is no different.
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
3 years ago#19
sorry i really like fire emblem 8
3DS FC: 3093 7069 3182 ----- Pokemon Black FC: 2666 1379 8243
3 years ago#20
deadpool_legend posted...
Every Fire Emblem game is easy. I mean granted I've never played above the medium difficulty

Good post.
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Why is Sacred Stones so hated?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived