Why is Sacred Stones so hated?

#11NeonDragon9000Posted 2/6/2013 10:46:28 PM
I actually liked being able to grind outside of the main chapters... I had tons of trouble getting strong, promoted characters in FE7.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#12My_FilgaiaPosted 2/6/2013 10:50:44 PM
Yeah, I don't really care about grinding. Hell, it should be an option in all SRPGs.

I think the only SRPG I enjoyed that disallowed grinding was Vandal Hearts -- and even then you could "grind" levels with an exploit.
---
The sauce is weak with this one. But...if he could be churned, he would make a powerful stir-fry.
#13addicted2curryPosted 2/6/2013 10:53:44 PM
I enjoyed it. The game was a bit easy, but it was very fun. It has the same map system as awakening, and that was pretty cool. The characters were also likable >.<
---
There's blood on the street,its up to my ankles~
#14BTzzPosted 2/6/2013 10:55:20 PM
I thought it was good if you kept grinding to a minimum, much like this game.

I used it to give the recruit units a decent base then played normally. It was definitely easier, but by no means bad. It's a great intro to the series as well, if you're looking to recommend a friend try the series out.
#15DoctorPiranha3Posted 2/6/2013 11:18:32 PM
It did quite a few things right: open map, infinite grinding with the towers, branched promotions. But overall, the map, character, story, and difficulty quality was all toned way down from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, the first GBA game to come to America.
---
It's like every topic you post in becomes filled with either sensual energy or "pent up sexual frustration". ~ SurfingVaporeon, on DoctorPiranha3
#16RyoKaibaPosted 2/6/2013 11:24:16 PM
It's too easy. You can beat the game using pre-promotes and promoting all your units at level 10, though it's harder that way. I'll admit it's a good entry for new players, and Ephraim's route is fairly challenging compared to Eirika's.
---
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV
#17EndgamePosted 2/6/2013 11:25:32 PM
I don't understand how anyone could bash SUCKred Stones yet love Awakening (especially for the lack of difficulty), really

I mean..... really, SS had more thought put into its chapter design
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#18deadpool_legendPosted 2/6/2013 11:26:54 PM
Every Fire Emblem game is easy. I mean granted I've never played above the medium difficulty, but every game can be beaten by using only a few characters throughout the whole game. Yes, for all the English ones but Blazing Sword, it was very easy to add a bunch of overpowered characters via grinding, but the games have always been easy if you play them that way. This game is no different.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#19progamer2290Posted 2/6/2013 11:27:32 PM
sorry i really like fire emblem 8
---
THE GAME!
3DS FC: 3093 7069 3182 ----- Pokemon Black FC: 2666 1379 8243
#20WestbrickIIIPosted 2/6/2013 11:28:00 PM
deadpool_legend posted...
Every Fire Emblem game is easy. I mean granted I've never played above the medium difficulty

Good post.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher