Why is Sacred Stones so hated?

#31DemiseEndPosted 2/6/2013 11:58:35 PM
Sacred stones idea of stage design

Prologue: You called THIS a chapter?
Chap 1: Watered down FE7 Chapter 11, and its me being generous
Chap 2: A good idea to teach begginer why Vanessa is amazing, and they failed because begginer can't look at the bigger picture anyway
Chap 3: Thief introductory chapter. WTF IS THIS, Tutorial?(This is remarkably simmilar to that switch pushing chapter in Lyn Mode combined with Mani Katti chapter)
Chap 4: Yet another open field chapter with kill em all objective. Yet another pointless chapter that showcase why Vanessa is amazing
Chap 5: ohaithar arena for lolsethy and generic "recruit the myrm" noob trial chapter #11.
Admitably Joshua is kinda harder than some Myrm to recruit. Or, at least not Navvare easy.

5x: Fortress chapter soloable with one unit. WUT

6: Secondary objective is lol because loltorch and lolsethy

7: Vanessa chapter

8: Midgame gate "General as a boss" fortress chapter. And you have 2 lolsethy here

Now for Ephraim, aka the only route that matters

9: generic fort..... OMGITSGHEB

10: A rescue chapter, and by rescue i mean you need to rescue the enemy pirates from Duessel by recruiting Duessel. And now, wait for Cornag. Do i mention how otherwise this chapter is absolutely pathetically easy to Low Turn?

11: Welp triple Lolsethy in a middle of nowhere kill em all chapter. The only difficulty is saving your other units

12: If you recruit Marisa, this chapter is a bit annoying because lolEwan. Otherwise this chapter is pretty much a copy pasted concept of the ship of FE7, except while in FE7 you have double Marcus, this time you get triple lolsethy. Also triple lolsethy with an arena.

13: Boring mission at its best. Bolting is pretty annoying. Thats..... pretty much it.
And Selena is pretty hawt

14: Best chapter in the game. Period. Dem Berserk staff

15: Annoying dessert chapter. And basically a Vanessa/Cornag playground thanks to how the stage is structured

16: Generic Fortress with a Sleep Staver around

17: Bigger Merlinus the Peddler

18: Use Knoll and win

19: ....Bigger Eubarn chapter with more reinforcements

20: MONSTER SPAM. **** those eyeballs with notbolting. Also Vanessa/Cornag/Warp Chapter

21: Warp abuse chapter, because killing Lyon is a hassle otherwise.

I.... did mention i suck at FE that isn't FE7 right?

22: FE7 Fire Dragon, now with many user of Legendary Weapon.
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#32Lethal13Posted 2/7/2013 12:30:58 AM
Sacred Stones

Pros
-Branched Promotions
-Two Paths
-Secret Characters to get

Cons
-Too EASY
-Promoted Lords are just copy pasted of each other (LOLHORSES)
-only 22 or so chapters with one side chapter
- Joshua being the king of jehanna is completely cut out of Ephraim's route, which I think is rather uh unnecessary, just because he doesn't go with Erika to Jehanna doesn't mean he doesn't find what happens to his mother/nation and stuff
#33Jump_Man7Posted 2/7/2013 12:31:28 AM
its....not?
---
Your arms are too short to box with God
-Our the CM Punk, day 414
#34Vandal26Posted 2/7/2013 12:32:30 AM
Sacred Stones was my first Fire Emblem game, and I really enjoyed it. It made me a fan of the series, and I bought the rest of the available games as they were released. (I somehow missed FE7 and didn't get it until after PoR came out though).

As a result I was quite surprised at the negative feelings towards it from the fanbase. Eventually however I played through it again, and could see where people were coming from. For me personally there are two problems:

1) Too easy. Now I'm not a fan of really difficult games (Shin Megami Tensei aside) but Stones felt too simple. There was little challenge.
2) The story and characters are OK. Not bad, not good, just OK. I'm not saying that the other games have phenomenal stories or anything, but I just felt that Stones had a weak story and world in comparison.

These two points together basically weakened the game for me, but I was only able to notice them after playing the other entries. Scared Stones is still a good game, it's just a weak Fire Emblem game. That's where it falls apart really, when you compare it to the other entries in the series.

Shadow Dragon is certainly worse though.
---
Sono me dare no me?
Whose eyes are those eyes?
#35deadpool_legendPosted 2/7/2013 12:32:57 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
deadpool_legend posted...
Every Fire Emblem game is easy. I mean granted I've never played above the medium difficulty

Good post.

When did we start judging a game on the mode most people don't start with? But whatever, I have never understood not liking a game because it's too easy.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#36WestbrickIIIPosted 2/7/2013 12:34:09 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
Every Fire Emblem game is easy. I mean granted I've never played above the medium difficulty

Good post.

When did we start judging a game on the mode most people don't start with? But whatever, I have never understood not liking a game because it's too easy.

If a game has multiple difficulty options, you can't call the entire game easy because its default difficulty is easy. That makes no sense. Sacred Stones is unique in that even Hard Mode is a joke, so it's a different case from FE7.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#37PerfectZedorPosted 2/7/2013 12:39:13 AM
Check your self. No one is complaining about Sacred Stones. The game had alright difficulty and a spectacular story. IMO I believe you meant to say why SHADOW DRAGON was hated so much in comparison.

Also, can you grind infinitly in Awakening? Seriously? Awesome.
---
"Did you get your end in all of this, Ramza? I...I got this."
- Delita, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
#38deadpool_legendPosted 2/7/2013 12:39:36 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
WestbrickIII posted...

Good post.

If a game has multiple difficulty options, you can't call the entire game easy because its default difficulty is easy. That makes no sense. Sacred Stones is unique in that even Hard Mode is a joke, so it's a different case from FE7.

Well I'm saying like the games have three difficulty modes now. I still play on Normal. And a bunch of people complained that Radiant Dawn was too hard even on easy. It wasn't even that hard on normal. Then I'm playing this game on Hard...it's still easy.
---
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#39XeoPosted 2/7/2013 12:44:26 AM
The Sacred Stones was actually my first FE game.
I'm not gonna lie, I initially emulated it, but after a night with it I instantly went out and bought it the next day when Gamestop opened. ( I did that with a lot of GBA games, tried them before I bought them. I have a sort of complex, I can't rom or rent games really, unless only to try them, because if I like them I must own them.)

So it'll always hold a special place for me for this reason, it brought me into this wonderful series.
---
"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."
#40deadpool_legendPosted 2/7/2013 12:46:55 AM
PerfectZedor posted...
Check your self. No one is complaining about Sacred Stones. The game had alright difficulty and a spectacular story. IMO I believe you meant to say why SHADOW DRAGON was hated so much in comparison.

Also, can you grind infinitly in Awakening? Seriously? Awesome.

I hated Shadow Dragon. I get why people hate that one. Okay well I didn't HATE it but I remember nothing about it other than that everyone but Minerva was forgettable (seriously why did I remember her the most) and the game loved to endlessly call in reinforcements. The fact that it was a remake of a NES game came through way too well.
---
-Deadpool, Issue #3