So...who's died in your run so far?

#1TriforceBunPosted 2/7/2013 11:06:29 AM(edited)
For some of us, some units are too important or likable to lose without resetting the stage, while for other characters, we'll bow our heads in reverence but keeping marching on.

Maribelle got killed in the mission where I was able to first use her. I was disappointed, but it wasn't too terrible since she's a character that merely retreats, so she's still okay. Just not worthy for battle anymore. But I already had Lissa as my go-to healer, so I kept playing.

I did lose Virion in a later mission and planned to go on, but after losing Vaike in the same mission, I had to reset. Two unit deaths is unacceptable, especially with so few axe-users at that point in the game.

Who have you lost permanently in Awakening so far (without resetting)?
---
My Kirby/Smash comics: www.brawlinthefamily.com
Mother 3 = Game of the Year 2006
#2iFi_SalamanderPosted 2/7/2013 11:04:23 AM
Just Donnel, but I am only on chapter 7 so far and kind if stuck till I raise some of my support levels.
---
3DS FC: 4312-9992-0441
#3BufkusPosted 2/7/2013 11:05:41 AM
No one. I reset when someone dies.
#4Puzzles99Posted 2/7/2013 11:06:39 AM
TriforceBun posted...
For some of us, some units are too important or likable to lose without resetting the stage, while for others, we'll bow our heads in reference but keeping marching on.

I feel like this defeats the purpose of Classic mode.

All of the Elite Classic defenders scoff at Casuals because "You don't feel the PAIN of losing someone you LOVE!!" but then it's like "Oh, I just lost that loser? Meh."

The game either needs to auto-save after each death to prevent playing favorites and being able to restart, or you might as well just play Casual.

There's nothing preventing you from just not using a "dead" character in Casual mode anyway just like there's nothing to prevent Hard/Lunatic mode players from grinding their way past trivial difficulty scaling.
#5dadkwasherePosted 2/7/2013 11:08:11 AM
Chrom or the MU. Fortunately its an automatic gameover if the two die.
I also had Sumia die during her recruitment but reset that. Did not notice the bow user could 1HKO her.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#6iFi_SalamanderPosted 2/7/2013 11:08:56 AM
Puzzles99 posted...
TriforceBun posted...
For some of us, some units are too important or likable to lose without resetting the stage, while for others, we'll bow our heads in reference but keeping marching on.

All of the Elite Classic defenders scoff at Casuals because "You don't feel the PAIN of losing someone you LOVE!!" but then it's like "Oh, I just lost that loser? Meh."

The game either needs to auto-save after each death to prevent playing favorites and being able to restart, or you might as well just play Casual.

There's nothing preventing you from just not using a "dead" character in Casual mode anyway just like there's nothing to prevent Hard/Lunatic mode players from grinding their way past trivial difficulty scaling.

I'd like to see one player on this board beat Hard or higher while actually keeping their dead characters dead.
---
3DS FC: 4312-9992-0441
#7KoubanPosted 2/7/2013 11:09:31 AM
Puzzles99 posted...
TriforceBun posted...

Dude don't start this crap up again
#8princemarth23Posted 2/7/2013 11:10:00 AM
Bufkus posted...
No one. I reset when someone dies.

Same here; no exceptions.
#9Puzzles99Posted 2/7/2013 11:10:40 AM
Kouban posted...
Puzzles99 posted...
TriforceBun posted...

Dude don't start this crap up again

I'm trying to clean the crap out of this toilet bowl of a forum that the elitist keep crapping in.
#10whizkid7Posted 2/7/2013 11:13:38 AM
Puzzles99 posted...
TriforceBun posted...

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I do this because of the knowledge of the risk of death, not so much the death itself. Knowing that they CAN die makes me play differently compared to Casual, where I could zerg everything and not care. I have to plan out a bit more carefully what I do when that risk of a character I really like or a character that's really good never coming back is there. I like having everybody alive at the end, so I strive for that, even if it means I gotta reset a few times.
---
Arms is like being a chainsaw running around. Prot is like being a castle that walks around punching people in the face with it's drawbridge.