Sacred Stones question

#1Dark_Link92Posted 2/7/2013 2:51:38 PM
This is my first Fire Emblem game so I'm still learning the basics. I'm on chapter 10 and a have a Knight Crest. Should I use it on Gilliam, the one who has it now, or is there anyone else I should wait and use it on. Also, is there an equivalent for Mages, Monks, Thieves, etc? And where do I get more?
Thanks!
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#2supershyguy65Posted 2/7/2013 3:01:07 PM
Use it on Franz. And yes, there are more.
#3Dark_Link92(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:02:41 PM
Good thing I just reset the chapter, because Franz just died. Why him? He doesn't seem especially remarkable so far.
---
#4GhebPosted 2/7/2013 3:02:56 PM
Don't use it on anyone until they are level 20. As for who, I guess it depends on who you think will be most useful. Making Gilliam go from Knight (worst unpromoted class in the game) to General (one of the best, if not the best class in the game) isn't a bad idea.

And you know there is a FE8 board, right?
---
*Is Gheb*
#5Dark_Link92(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:04:18 PM
I assumed it would be pretty empty. And what difference does using it at a higher level make? Do other classes just gain XP slower or something?
---
#6WestbrickIIIPosted 2/7/2013 3:05:10 PM
Dark_Link92 posted...
I assumed it would be pretty empty. And what difference does using it at a higher level make? Do other classes just gain XP slower or something?

This is the only difference. On the flip side, you get big promotion bonuses to your stats, so any time between level 15-20 is a fine time to promote.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#7GhebPosted 2/7/2013 3:22:52 PM
Dark_Link92 posted...

A character on gets 40 total levels. 20 as a basic unit and 20 as a promoted unit. If you promote before level 20 then you are basically losing all of those potential levels and you will end up as weaker unit in the end. In most FE's this isn't a huge deal since you'll probably beat the game before you reach max level so you can promote at 10-15 without it having too much impact. FE8 however has an actual endgame and infinite experience so it is very likely that you will reach max level. As such I would advise waiting until you are level 20 to promote.
---
*Is Gheb*
#8WestbrickIIIPosted 2/7/2013 3:27:46 PM
FE8 also has infinite stat boosters and remains easy, even during post-game.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#9Patriarch105Posted 2/7/2013 3:32:24 PM
Dark_Link92 posted...

In fire emblem classes get 40 levels. But it's not called level 40 it's called 20/20 because each character gets 2 classes (In sacred stones 3 people get 3 classes the first goes to lv 10 an auto levels.)

Each class gets 20 levels You can promote them at level 10 BUT if you promote them early they miss out on other levels.

So imagine you have a character level 10 you promote to their second class. Well they reset to 1 and miss out on 10 levels worth of stats.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#10GhebPosted 2/7/2013 3:57:45 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
FE8 also has infinite stat boosters and remains easy, even during post-game.

Yes, but fully leveling means you have to use less stat boosters, and that means you have to do less mind-numbing grinding for money. And as you said, FE8 is easy so it isn't like you need to promote before 20 anyway.
---
*Is Gheb*