Getting the game from Gamestop yet didn't preorder it?

#11MoegittoPosted 2/7/2013 7:58:07 PM
WRRYYYYers posted...
WRRYYYYers posted...
Lucky that my friends the manager at GS cause the moment they came in i got 1 (even though i didnt pre order) and got 2 art books :D. Thats why it pays to know people sometimes. I got sold someones pre order copy...lol oh well, great game though.

Your friend is a terrible manager and deserves to be fired.

Not really, because that one that came in my GS was MY pre-order. I had got the digital version so it was just gonna sit. Might have happened at his store too, but then again GS is crooked so there's that guys initiative to not go there anymore. I just know people at one store, the rest can go to hell.

Selling someone's preorder is inexcusable. The only instance in which it is acceptable is when there is not enough to cover all preorders, in which case first come first serve to preorder customers only.

Didn't say it was right, just said why he may have done it. GS is a known horrible company, but some people won't know this until stuff like this happens to them.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#12WRRYYYYers(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:59:34 PM
He stated that his friend (the employee) sold a preordered copy to him without having reserved it himself. There is no justification in that. GS is not a horrible company, though. Hate the people, not the company. I know great Gamestops and I know bad ones, doesn't make them all one way or the other.

The world is not so black and white, friend.
---
3000% Iron-Muscle Beef-Fist [Patriarch Potemkin]
http://i.imgur.com/chU6e.jpg
#13LightHawKnightPosted 2/7/2013 8:05:19 PM
WRRYYYYers posted...
He stated that his friend (the employee) sold a preordered copy to him without having reserved it himself. There is no justification in that. GS is not a horrible company, though. Hate the people, not the company. I know great Gamestops and I know bad ones, doesn't make them all one way or the other.

Actually it is, if you believe former GS employees that they are allowed to sell preordered copies to walk ins that get there before the person who preordered it. So if the employee is a dick, which there is a really really high percent chance of that happening, the preorder is gone.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#14WRRYYYYers(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:23:53 PM
WRRYYYYers posted...

Actually it is, if you believe former GS employees that they are allowed to sell preordered copies to walk ins that get there before the person who preordered it. So if the employee is a dick, which there is a really really high percent chance of that happening, the preorder is gone.

But that is not allowed.
---
Official Self-Proclaimed [King of Tager]/[Emperor Kanji]
http://i.imgur.com/DG452.png http://i.imgur.com/Corhp.jpg
#15LightHawKnightPosted 2/7/2013 8:27:05 PM
WRRYYYYers posted...
WRRYYYYers posted...

But that is not allowed.

Well it is up to you to believe what a former GS employee says. And I am not talking about myself. You can look it up.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#16darkness1018Posted 2/8/2013 12:13:29 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
WRRYYYYers posted...
WRRYYYYers posted...

But that is not allowed.

Well it is up to you to believe what a former GS employee says. And I am not talking about myself. You can look it up.

No, you are kind of right. Ive gotten plenty of games i didnt pre order like Code of Princess and Fire Emblem: Awakening without pre ordering. But it may be cause my friends the manager. I really like shopping at GS, i go a few different ones and have only had like 3 bad exp and ive going to GS for well over 10 years now. Its just a game, they'll get more copies in.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#17VoxxenPosted 2/8/2013 12:39:08 AM
The hold period is 48 hours. This can change depending on the situation and employee, but company policy is 2 days. You can always get a refund though. Source: 2 year employee.

Gamestop IS an evil, evil company. Source: the same.
---
Okay people keep getting this one wrong so I'll fix it once and for all: "PC>Wii=PS3>360>Nothing" (Steam: Fuzzy Applesauce)