My losses so far are...

#11Protoman_FanPosted 2/7/2013 11:02:34 PM
I lost Ricken and I just lost Virion on the legit last turn of a 25 min battle
---
3DS FC: 0404-5721-6367
XBL: Yaboydre93
#12jimmyjones69Posted 2/7/2013 11:07:28 PM
Just beat Hard/Classic and anytime one of my characters died I would restart the chapter. I can't bare to let ANYONE die!
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4900-1573-3223
#13FF_4everPosted 2/7/2013 11:09:04 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
anothrgamer1234 posted...
If you've lost both of your healers, it might be a good idea to start the game over from the beginning; otherwise you're going to lose a LOT more characters than you already have.

People need to stop berating new players with this "If you don't play exactly as I believe you should play you ought to reset" mentality. I've seen it too many times. This is a game where you can reclass every unit, and where more classes than ever have access to staves. TC will be fine, and there is absolutely no reason to start the entire game over.

I agree. That's why I added "personally". There is never a wrong way to play. Just play how you like. You're supposed to enjoy it. I'm just saying that it's nice to have everyone alive for supports. Think of it this way: re do a couple of 30 minute battles and keep them alive or re do the entire game to get the supports.

Also I just remembered that I lied about never letting anyone die. In SD H5 I had a 12 man team. Killed off everyone else.
#14Bear_in_ActionPosted 2/7/2013 11:15:28 PM
New player here! And new as in new to strategy genre altogether.
Playing on Normal, lost Stahl in the second battle because I was really that horrible. Reset and learned to be a lot causious, instead of rushing into the middle of the enemies with half of the HP left...

Anyway, haven't lost anyone since, but then I move super slowly... is there any penalty on taking too many turns?
#15anothrgamer1234Posted 2/7/2013 11:19:21 PM(edited)
FF_4ever posted...
WestbrickIII posted...
If you've lost both of your healers, it might be a good idea to start the game over from the beginning; otherwise you're going to lose a LOT more characters than you already have.

People need to stop berating new players with this "If you don't play exactly as I believe you should play you ought to reset" mentality. I've seen it too many times. This is a game where you can reclass every unit, and where more classes than ever have access to staves. TC will be fine, and there is absolutely no reason to start the entire game over.

I agree. That's why I added "personally". There is never a wrong way to play. Just play how you like. You're supposed to enjoy it. I'm just saying that it's nice to have everyone alive for supports. Think of it this way: re do a couple of 30 minute battles and keep them alive or re do the entire game to get the supports.

Also I just remembered that I lied about never letting anyone die. In SD H5 I had a 12 man team. Killed off everyone else.

I was merely making a suggestion. OP said he was new to the series, so he is likely to have more difficulty playing through without healers than most of us are, hence my advice to consider restarting.

That being said, I consider myself a perfectionist when it comes to the game- even a single loss is absolutely unacceptable in my opinion. Of course, that's just the way I play- I'm not asking anyonel else to be that obsessively protective.

Bear_in_Action posted...
New player here! And new as in new to strategy genre altogether.
Playing on Normal, lost Stahl in the second battle because I was really that horrible. Reset and learned to be a lot causious, instead of rushing into the middle of the enemies with half of the HP left...

Anyway, haven't lost anyone since, but then I move super slowly... is there any penalty on taking too many turns?

Not at all. Take as long as you like- in fact, rushing straight into a battle is almost always a recipe for disaster.
---
3DS FC: 0989-1800-4373
Pokemon B2 FC: 2795 8963 0402
#16Amine Hsu NekuchanPosted 2/7/2013 11:18:44 PM
I would never be able to accept any losses, hitting the soft-reset before the killing blow is even finished...
---
"Traduce" in English means to expose to shame by means of falsehood; "Violate""Malign."
Nintendo does that too, only they call it localization.-NuoTrainer
#17Bear_in_ActionPosted 2/7/2013 11:25:36 PM
Not at all. Take as long as you like- in fact, rushing straight into a battle is almost always a recipe for disaster.

Thank you! I'll keep on moving like a turtle, then :)
#18duranmanXPosted 2/7/2013 11:30:00 PM
Amine Hsu Nekuchan posted...
I would never be able to accept any losses, hitting the soft-reset before the killing blow is even finished...

Sometimes you have to wait to see if the blow is a hit or miss
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#19ZeldiasPosted 2/7/2013 11:35:22 PM
Lost Ricken on the last turn of a battle. I'd been resetting but when he went down then, I just wrote him off.
---
Look! The East is burning red!
#20FF_4everPosted 2/7/2013 11:36:30 PM
Amine Hsu Nekuchan posted...

LOL I'm the same. As soon as I even think the blow is going to hit I reset. Characters MUST live. Long live the supports!

Also, for Bear, I;ve had 999 turn battles. Arena grinding. Just to give you an idea :)