Any difference between promoting characters from level 10+ rather than level 10?

#1lsfb333Posted 2/8/2013 12:38:38 PM
Im new to the series so i never realized that i can promote my characters. Now my avatar is already level 20, I was just wondering if there is any states difference if I promote my character at level 20 rather than level 10.
Cause I remember in pokemon games a pokemon would be a lot stronger if it evolves at the level it suppose to than evolves 10 levels later.
#2Kosmo240985Posted 2/8/2013 12:40:07 PM
lsfb333 posted...
Im new to the series so i never realized that i can promote my characters. Now my avatar is already level 20, I was just wondering if there is any states difference if I promote my character at level 20 rather than level 10.
Cause I remember in pokemon games a pokemon would be a lot stronger if it evolves at the level it suppose to than evolves 10 levels later.

not much, only the perfecionist min/maxers will tell you otherwise.

Basically you miss out on some stat gains. no biggie.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#3ace123678Posted 2/8/2013 12:41:11 PM
The biggest difference is 10 levels of stat growth. But with reclassing, it really doesn't become that much of a difference
---
"Damn...if I smoked, I could take a nice, long drag right about now and look kinda cool"
#4TyrantKnightPosted 2/8/2013 12:41:20 PM
Traditional FE thinking is that you should never promote a unit that isn't level 20. This game challenges that thinking with unlimited EXP with reclassing and endless skirmishes. It is actually detrimental to wait in this game. It's all about getting as many skills as efficiently as possible.

Generally,
Base Class Level 10 -> Promote or Reclass
Advanced Class Level 15 -> Reclass
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#5lsfb333(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:42:09 PM
I m a perfectionist, guess time to start over :(
#6VoidtemplarPosted 2/8/2013 12:55:21 PM
It does not matter. It's skills vs. stats. I actually find the skills mostly underwhelming compared to 10 levels of growth. Eventually in the long term you'll get plenty of both.
---
This sentence contains seven words.
This sentence does not contain seven words.
#7atma6Posted 2/8/2013 12:58:26 PM
Voidtemplar posted...
It does not matter. It's skills vs. stats. I actually find the skills mostly underwhelming compared to 10 levels of growth. Eventually in the long term you'll get plenty of both.

It's not skills vs. stats. It's slightly quicker leveling for 10 levels vs. skills and stats.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/
#8VoidtemplarPosted 2/8/2013 1:04:47 PM(edited)
What? You don't get those same skills just a little later?

You either delay stats slightly, or skills slightly. Because of the way promotion destroys your exp gain, you'll catch up on Skills much faster than catching up on stats. Plus, skills don't make that much of an impact, unless it's like Rally Spectrum.

You'll be 20/5 vs. 10/10 maybe. Meanwhile, the former unit has more levels, as well as still growing faster, as well as the same skills.

I already said it doesn't matter in the long term (if you grind).
---
This sentence contains seven words.
This sentence does not contain seven words.
#9serenade696969Posted 2/8/2013 1:04:48 PM
i prefer to wait till they are 20 that way i get some stat boost and dont have to worry about grinding as much later on