Why are Fire Emblem stories so...bland

#31TheMasterTurtlePosted 2/8/2013 3:54:13 PM
FE 4 had my favourite plot with FE 6 was terrible in me eyes.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
#32Super SlashPosted 2/8/2013 3:54:51 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
king_darks posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
The story in this game is utter garbage and way too cliche. I could see a ton of potential, but I find myself at chapter 23, trying to force myself to finish this. I definitely won't be picking up anymore FE games after this. The gameplay is great and all, but it's just not enough to keep my attention. If it at least had some interesting characters....

Why are you trying so hard to bash this game? It sad watching you blur the line between opinion and fact.

I'm asking for people to recommend me more FE games because maybe this just isn't the one for me. Also, this is a forum where people express their opinion so you can't take everything people say as fact. That's just how I feel about the game - my opinion. Deal with it.

Like I said, FE9 and 10 are pretty much *the* Fire Emblem games as far as I'm concerned.
#33kamikaze135Posted 2/8/2013 3:57:13 PM
Super Slash posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
king_darks posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
The story in this game is utter garbage and way too cliche. I could see a ton of potential, but I find myself at chapter 23, trying to force myself to finish this. I definitely won't be picking up anymore FE games after this. The gameplay is great and all, but it's just not enough to keep my attention. If it at least had some interesting characters....

Why are you trying so hard to bash this game? It sad watching you blur the line between opinion and fact.

I'm asking for people to recommend me more FE games because maybe this just isn't the one for me. Also, this is a forum where people express their opinion so you can't take everything people say as fact. That's just how I feel about the game - my opinion. Deal with it.

Like I said, FE9 and 10 are pretty much *the* Fire Emblem games as far as I'm concerned.

Are those the ones for the Gamecube and Wii?
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#34Mujika1991Posted 2/8/2013 4:00:40 PM
kah posted...
is that the storylines are so JRPG ho-hum.,feels like a middle-schooler wrote it. "Lol you left your axe back at the base! You're so silly Vaike! Lolololol!"
Haaaaaa, For real ?? that just Describes his Personality..and if you read everything before that ..he is known for forgettting his stuff..and that makes it like a middle-schooler wrote it..Hahaha fail more please and it helps new ppl to trade..bet you arenīt in to games where character have different Personalities..Storyline are so JRPG..fore real ?? like Western RPG are better..and for the record..this is not 100% RPG game..you must have missed read something whe you where looking to buy this game..
#35Super SlashPosted 2/8/2013 4:02:25 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
Super Slash posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
king_darks posted...
kamikaze135 posted...

Are those the ones for the Gamecube and Wii?

Yeah.
#36vegeta2002Posted 2/8/2013 4:10:59 PM
Story lines are usually character driven. You can't do to much with that in a series where you can actually get characters permanently killed during gameplay. Imagine FF7 if you lost Aeris (in battle) long before Sephiroth could murder her and change the tone of the story.
#37UncleWeskerPosted 2/8/2013 4:12:03 PM
There are only a few characters I really found boring in the game. Unfortunately Chrom is one of them, which is pretty bad since he's the face of the game. I was pleasantly surprised that MU had actual development and was pretty interesting and not just a blank canvas.
---
"I hate you, UncleWesker. No, really. You are the biggest douche on this board. You should go hang yourself in your basement." ~ RT102
#38Super SlashPosted 2/8/2013 4:13:39 PM
vegeta2002 posted...
Story lines are usually character driven. You can't do to much with that in a series where you can actually get characters permanently killed during gameplay. Imagine FF7 if you lost Aeris (in battle) long before Sephiroth could murder her and change the tone of the story.

Bad argument, because any character that has story relevance will just retreat from battle, not die.
#39kamikaze135Posted 2/8/2013 4:13:59 PM
@Super Slash

Thanks. I'll give them a shot.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#40AdeptMagePosted 2/8/2013 4:23:25 PM
kah posted...
is that the storylines are so JRPG ho-hum.,feels like a middle-schooler wrote it. "Lol you left your axe back at the base! You're so silly Vaike! Lolololol!"
Haaaaaa, For real ?? that just Describes his Personality..and if you read everything before that ..he is known for forgettting his stuff..and that makes it like a middle-schooler wrote it..Hahaha fail more please and it helps new ppl to trade..bet you arenīt in to games where character have different Personalities..Storyline are so JRPG..fore real ?? like Western RPG are better..and for the record..this is not 100% RPG game..you must have missed read something whe you where looking to buy this game..

The point is that the characters are one-dimensional and dialogue is filled with humor aimed at children
---
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606