Endgame Questions (spoilers)

#1The_CheefooPosted 2/8/2013 3:15:15 PM
So I just beat the game, chose to sacrifice MU to kill Grima permanently. Credits roll, shows what became of all my units in the after years, etc. Cutscene similar to the opening one, except it's "welcome back" this time.

Now what? It told me about starting a new game with carrying over renown etc. How do I do this? Is my file a "cleared game file"? When I load it, I appear back at the last chapter on Grima's back, just where I last saved before the ending.

I've never heard of any renown or anything. I heard there was going to be difficult post-game content, but I don't even know what is going on.
#2The_Cheefoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:24:35 PM
Will I be able to use my units for anything more? I thought I heard there were postgame chapters with units of an effective level of 150+.

My Morgan just solo'd the last chapter and I'll be damned if there isn't anything more difficult than that rubbish.

Played on hard, by the way, I wonder how much worse lunatic is. And how do I unlock lunatic+?
#3The_Cheefoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:31:15 PM
busy board bumps
#4kwando1313Posted 2/8/2013 3:32:04 PM
I thought you wanted to ask questions for Endgame. xP
---
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski
#5The_Cheefoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:33:34 PM
Well, the game ended, so I guess it's more postgame than endgame.

Am I supposed to save after all the credits etc. are through? I unlocked unit viewer, support convos, etc. but my file doesn't appear to be a "clear file".
#6The_Cheefoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:35:52 PM
Beat the last chapter again (took me an easy minute HOHO) this time I decided to let Chrom seal away Grima and let those idiots in the future deal with him. Time to see if anything is better explained this time, or at least better understood.

God damn these credits take FOREVER.
#7wolfei132Posted 2/8/2013 3:38:15 PM
i did that too -- letting chrom finish Grima left a bad taste in my mouth, knowing he will just come back again. it felt much more satisfying and impactful having the avatar sacrifice him/herself to seal grima away forever(even though they survive).
#8WinsagePosted 2/8/2013 3:39:03 PM
The_Cheefoo posted...
So I just beat the game, chose to sacrifice MU to kill Grima permanently. Credits roll, shows what became of all my units in the after years, etc. Cutscene similar to the opening one, except it's "welcome back" this time.

Now what? It told me about starting a new game with carrying over renown etc. How do I do this? Is my file a "cleared game file"? When I load it, I appear back at the last chapter on Grima's back, just where I last saved before the ending.

I've never heard of any renown or anything. I heard there was going to be difficult post-game content, but I don't even know what is going on.

Renown is a point system that you get while playing the game. Pretty sure it's shared across all files, so there's no "carrying over" that you need to do. The hard post game stuff is in DLC that will be released later. To do other stuff post game, you just exit the chapter.
#9The_Cheefoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:41:15 PM
Winsage posted...
The_Cheefoo posted...

Renown is a point system that you get while playing the game. Pretty sure it's shared across all files, so there's no "carrying over" that you need to do. The hard post game stuff is in DLC that will be released later. To do other stuff post game, you just exit the chapter.

So would you reccomend I start a new game on lunatic? Is there a way to go straight to lunatic plus, or do I really need to start a third playthrough for that?

Also, it says my MU was added to some sort of roster, so I can select it in other save files. What does this really accomplish? Does he carry over any stats or abilities?
#10The_Cheefoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:48:48 PM
buttbump