So FE just disappeared from my SD card...

#21Huff n puff 20Posted 2/9/2013 12:44:28 AM
Yet another reason why Physical copies AND CARTS are superior.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#22SKStylez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:45:48 AM
Umuru posted...
Couldn't you have backed up a save on your hard drive?

Yes, but how often do you remove your sd card from your 3ds?

ZexxCrine posted...
xanderfox posted...
This is why I have a policy of "Don't fiddle with it!" when it comes to my game systems, no illegal hardware or software what so ever. You always run the risk of screwing up and turning your system into little more than a paper weight. If you screwed around with your SD card then it's your own fault that something went wrong.

I hear assumption land is great this time of year, but I like hearing it from someone who actually lives there. So how is the weather?

Indeed. In fact, every other piece of software is still on here, INCLUDING the Fire eblem demo...

SquareSide posted...
Sorry bro. This makes me think that I should only buy digital games that are 10 hours and under to beat.

What's the brand and size of your SD card?
PNY 16gb.. I bought it for this game lol..

In my data management section the game is appearing as a ? mark and says it's taking 0 blocks, which must be what's blocking me from redownloading it. I'm going to backup my files and try deleting and reinstalling... will update after
#23duranmanXPosted 2/9/2013 12:46:50 AM
SquareSide posted...
Sorry bro. This makes me think that I should only buy digital games that are 10 hours and under to beat.

This happens with physical games as well, and no need to get paranoid over an isolated incident you don't even know the cause to
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#24SquareSidePosted 2/9/2013 12:53:02 AM
SKStylez posted...
Umuru posted...
Couldn't you have backed up a save on your hard drive?

Yes, but how often do you remove your sd card from your 3ds?

ZexxCrine posted...
xanderfox posted...
This is why I have a policy of "Don't fiddle with it!" when it comes to my game systems, no illegal hardware or software what so ever. You always run the risk of screwing up and turning your system into little more than a paper weight. If you screwed around with your SD card then it's your own fault that something went wrong.

I hear assumption land is great this time of year, but I like hearing it from someone who actually lives there. So how is the weather?

Indeed. In fact, every other piece of software is still on here, INCLUDING the Fire eblem demo...

SquareSide posted...

PNY 16gb.. I bought it for this game lol..

In my data management section the game is appearing as a ? mark and says it's taking 0 blocks, which must be what's blocking me from redownloading it. I'm going to backup my files and try deleting and reinstalling... will update after

After a quick few review searches. People don't seem to like PNY... D:
---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#25SquareSidePosted 2/9/2013 12:55:07 AM
duranmanX posted...
SquareSide posted...

This happens with physical games as well, and no need to get paranoid over an isolated incident you don't even know the cause to

K?
---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
#26SKStylez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:57:22 AM
SquareSide posted...

It was cheap and 10mb/s speed compared to the 30 mb/s on the others. I figured Nintendo stock card wouldn't be one of the expensive ones. Was I wrong?
#27SquareSidePosted 2/9/2013 1:15:37 AM
SKStylez posted...
SquareSide posted...

It was cheap and 10mb/s speed compared to the 30 mb/s on the others. I figured Nintendo stock card wouldn't be one of the expensive ones. Was I wrong?

I'm no expert. It seems speeds don't matter on 3DS(after reading up a bit). Maybe it was just a bad card or a fluke accident. Sandisk might of been a safer bet. I would try reformatting the card after copying your other stuff to your computer and paste it back on it. If it does it again, replace that thing. >_<
---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
#28SKStylez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:31:10 AM
LOL guys... . Good news!
So I tried everything you could imagine but had a hunch it was some reading error... every so often when i turned on the system less icons would appear so resetting it a lot was necessary.

Cutting to the chase, it WAS the SD card (good catch SquareSide). I had to launch a few other softwares for it to start reading correctly, restarted the system and Vwala, Fire eblem was there for me to unbox once again...

Anyway, like I thought the data was still there, just issues with reading it. I do NOT suggest a PNY card, i'm going to return this load of junk tomorrow. It's crashed when resetting FE before, and now i know it wasn't the software's fault.
#29kohlrak2Posted 2/9/2013 1:37:19 AM
Flash memories are known to have low durability. It just goes to show you that you need backups often. Actually, the wii's system memory is built under the assumption that a good bit of it's going to quit on you just leaving the factory.
#30ArreiPosted 2/9/2013 1:45:16 AM(edited)
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Yet another reason why Physical copies AND CARTS are superior.

Oh, yeah, a physical copy's sure gonna help a lot when it's the SD card that went haywire.